Logo

Krzysztof Koźmic

Sep 6, 2010, 7:09:32 AM9/6/10
to Castle Project Devel
Hi guys,

I asked my wife (who is a graphic designer) to have a go at refreshing
logo of Castle project and creating actual logos for our main projects,
and she had a while this weekend, so we sat, I tried to explain what
Castle and each project in turn are all about, and here's what she came
up with.

http://twitpic.com/2lsef3

What do you guys think? She's not terribly happy with AR logo, so that
one could probably see some changes, and colors are not final either,
but have a look and let me know what you think (about the logos and logo
refresh idea).

cheers,
Krzysztof

Jonathon Rossi

Sep 6, 2010, 7:41:31 AM9/6/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Looks pretty nice, I wonder if they should be less transparent. Only that they don't seem to stand out enough.

I also don't think it is clear enough that the castle logo is actually a castle. I think without the text there wouldn't be too many people who would know what it is was meant to be.

It might also be because at the moment we don't really have logos for the projects, some are just a just a large icon sized photo. So it can take a bit to get used to thinks.

Does your wife have time to throw together a mock up web site template with those type of colours with the logos, if Henry hasn't already organised something.

2010/9/6 Krzysztof Koźmic <krzyszto...@gmail.com>

Jono

Rafael Teixeira

Sep 6, 2010, 6:14:17 PM9/6/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Jonathon that they look a bit too washed out. Other than that they look promising.

Rafael "Monoman" Teixeira
---------------------------------------
"We live in a world operated by science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."
-Carl Sagan

John Simons

Sep 6, 2010, 7:40:20 PM9/6/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Jono too. A bit more stand out.

Sorry maybe this is just me but I think MR logo looks too much like a progress bar.

I know this may sound a lot out there, but would it be nice to make the logos kind of lego pieces and make the castle logo with those lego pieces?

Cheers
John

Sep 8, 2010, 6:01:22 PM9/8/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I'd love it if the MonoRail logo could have it's upper left corner rounded a bit so it resembles a train a bit more.. only a very tiny radius, but it may look cool.

ActiveRecord looks a bit too much.. The lower left is a bit too cluttered with 3 layers ontop of each other.. Windsor and DynProxy look totally awesome!

greetings Daniel

Krzysztof Koźmic

Sep 8, 2010, 6:20:21 PM9/8/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com

+1

sent from my HTC Desire

On 09/09/2010 8:01 AM, "Daniel Hölbling" <tigr...@tigraine.at> wrote:

I'd love it if the MonoRail logo could have it's upper left corner rounded a bit so it resembles a train a bit more.. only a very tiny radius, but it may look cool.

ActiveRecord looks a bit too much.. The lower left is a bit too cluttered with 3 layers ontop of each other.. Windsor and DynProxy look totally awesome!

greetings Daniel

2010/9/6 Krzysztof Koźmic <krzyszto...@gmail.com>

 Hi guys,

> I asked my wife (who is a graphic designer) to have a go at refreshing logo of Castle project a...

Dru Sellers

Sep 10, 2010, 3:13:59 PM9/10/10

2010/9/8 Krzysztof Koźmic <krzyszto...@gmail.com>

hammett

Sep 10, 2010, 9:29:45 PM9/10/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Any chance of having those in vector graphics format?

2010/9/10 Dru Sellers <d...@drusellers.com>:

--
Cheers,
hammett
http://hammett.castleproject.org/

Krzysztof Koźmic

Sep 10, 2010, 9:31:05 PM9/10/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
That's how they are being created. Only the preview is .png

hammett

Sep 11, 2010, 12:18:10 AM9/11/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
By having I mean, could you share them?

Krzysztof Koźmic

Sep 15, 2010, 7:50:56 AM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Here comes slightly updated version.

What do you think?

Krzysztof

castle logo pack v2bl.png
castle logo pack v2prpl.png

Henry Conceição

Sep 15, 2010, 9:33:09 AM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
They're great. I do like more the purple ones.

Cheers,
Henry Conceição

Ron Grabowski

Sep 15, 2010, 11:19:46 AM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I like the purple ones too. They're good logos on their own and combine nicely
together!

Dru Sellers

Sep 15, 2010, 1:25:39 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Love em!
-d

hammett

Sep 15, 2010, 2:50:07 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Love them too!

Roelof Blom

Sep 15, 2010, 2:53:28 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
+1 for the purple logos. Very nicely done.

On Wednesday, September 15, 2010, Krzysztof Koźmic

Ken Egozi

Sep 15, 2010, 3:04:34 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
love the purples.

great initiative and brilliant result
Ken Egozi.
http://www.kenegozi.com/blog
http://www.delver.com
http://www.musicglue.com
http://www.castleproject.org
http://www.idcc.co.il - הכנס הקהילתי הראשון למפתחי דוטנט - בואו בהמוניכם

Rafael Teixeira

Sep 15, 2010, 3:31:08 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
+1 for purple ones.

John Simons

Sep 15, 2010, 7:22:36 PM9/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Purple are the winners for me.

Great work Krzysztof's wife.

Cheers
John

Sent: Thu, 16 September, 2010 5:31:08 AM

Daniel Hölbling

Sep 19, 2010, 9:31:31 AM9/19/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
+1 on the purple ones.

> <castle logo pack v2bl.png>
> <castle logo pack v2prpl.png>

Krzysztof Koźmic

Oct 26, 2010, 12:37:22 AM10/26/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so given everyone seems to like the purple ones, and no one had any
remarks, do we go ahead with using these logos from now on? (this
includes also updating the website etc).

Krzysztof

>>> 2010/9/10 Krzysztof KoĹşmic<krzyszto...@gmail.com>:

> [...]

Rafael Teixeira

Oct 26, 2010, 9:18:11 AM10/26/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Yeah :)

Rafael "Monoman" Teixeira
"We live in a world operated by science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."
-Carl Sagan

Symon Rottem

Oct 26, 2010, 9:28:51 AM10/26/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com