Brail compilation

chriso

May 17, 2007, 7:10:39 PM5/17/07
to Castle Project Development List
I have a view like this:
<%
output today.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy")
%>

where today is set via PropertyBag["today"] = DateTime.Now

This gives me the following error:
Error during compile:
(4,30): BCE0017: Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerError: The best overload
for the method 'System.Object.ToString()' is not compatible with the
argument list '(string)'.

Input (home\index.brail)
output """My View contents for Home\Index
"""

output today.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy")

I can get around it via casting, but I would think that compiler would
be treating this as a duck type and calling the method using
reflection anyway?

Ayende Rahien

May 18, 2007, 3:51:16 AM5/18/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
No, that happens because there is already a method with this name that already exists, so it doesn't goes to the usual duck typing route.
I agree that this is a problem, I would like to do some more testing about it, and talk to the Boo guys.
Can you open a JIRA about this and assign it to me?

chriso

May 18, 2007, 9:38:39 AM5/18/07
to Castle Project Development List
done