Just finished my"castle"!

eon

Aug 25, 2009, 11:55:15 PM8/25/09
to Castle Builder's Forums
After about 7 years of planning and negotiating with my city, and 26
months building, I am finished with my home! A lot of people have
called it a castle, and it is definitely inspired by many castles I
have visited in Europe, but it is not a traditional castle. I built
it using ICFs and a deck forming product called AmDeck. It is 2
stories plus a cellar, but it is split leveled, so there are
actually 11 different floor levels!

To view some finished pictures, copy/paste this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/eondesignco/Buckingham?authkey=Gv1sRgCJm6vpWthZXiNg&feat=email#

If you want way too many details about the construction process, I
did a blog for the first 20 months, until it just got too much to keep
up with! Someday I will finish it!

http://buck3310.blogspot.com/

When people ask, I tell them it was the hardest thing I've ever
done. Even thought I am a 4th generation home builder, doing
something this different was incredibly hard, politically, physically
and financially. Would I do it again? Yes, but not the same way.
Was it worth it? For my family, I'm not sure. For me, yes!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to write!

Sketchabit

Aug 26, 2009, 7:58:02 AM8/26/09
to Castle Builder's Forums
I am impressed!

Yours is the first ICF castle I think I've ever heard of being
built.

Big congratulations on finishing your project!