Help squash the bug: Not counting steps when display is off

WorkSmart Labs Support

Jan 5, 2010, 12:24:29 PM1/5/10
to CardioTrainer Users
Hi everyone,

Many of you, especially users with Droid devices, have reported that
CardioTrainer is not counting your steps when the device goes to sleep
(automatically or by pushing the power button). This is actually a new
problem we're seeing with recent releases of the Android operating
system. We're investigating the issue, but unfortunately it seems like
it is largely out of our control right now.

Luckily, other developers are having the same problem and have also
voiced their frustration with the issue. I would like to encourage
everyone to visit the following link to this specific bug report on
the Google Code website and star the issue. It will help to give the
Android development team more incentive to address the issue as soon
as possible. This is the link: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708.

Thanks for the help, hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Charlie on behalf of the WorkSmart labs family

Simon11

Jan 2, 2013, 11:52:09 AM1/2/13
to cardiotra...@googlegroups.com, sup...@worksmartlabs.com
This appears an old post. Has it been rectified now?

Gil Baron W0MN

Jan 2, 2013, 1:54:27 PM1/2/13
to cardiotra...@googlegroups.com
I never let my device go to sleep and am surprised it would work in that mode. More troubling is that step counts are not very accurate. Accupedo counts 1400 steps within 10 steps or better but your count can be off by hundreds.

iPad Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

Arnold

Jan 2, 2013, 1:57:16 PM1/2/13