problem with localized svn

ozawa....@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2007, 1:43:46 AM4/27/07
to Capistrano
Congratz for capistrano 2.0 preview!

While trying "cap deploy" on my test rails project, I came across a
problem concerning localized messages of svn.

As far as I understand cap invokes "svn info" and looks for string
"Revision" when it tries to checkout the project
(Capistrano::Deploy::SCM::Subversion#query_revision). However, I run
svn under LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8(Japanese, Japan) environment where the
output of "svn info" contains not "Revision" but its Japanese
equivalent. This results in failure of checkout and further
operations.

set :scm_command, 'env LANG=C svn' in deploy.rb can solve this.

cap 1.4.1 uses "svn log -q --limit 1" and scans the result for /r(\d+)/