Upgrading to Cap2, conflict with old version, 1.4.1

Kris

Oct 12, 2007, 8:10:43 AM10/12/07
to Capistrano
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:246:in `activate': can't
activate capistrano (= 1.4.1), already activated capistrano-2.0.0]
(Gem::Exception)

I just upgraded to Capistrano 2, but there seems to be a conflict with
my old version, how do I choose which gem to use?

Any suggestions please.

Jamis Buck

Oct 12, 2007, 12:37:29 PM10/12/07
to capis...@googlegroups.com
In the past, this has happened because the deprec gem (which does not
work with 2.0) is being loaded. Check your deploy.rb and make sure
you aren't requiring the deprec gem anywhere. Also, you might want to
check ~/.caprc, since some people have been loading deprec there.

- Jamis

> group/capistrano

Kris

Oct 15, 2007, 6:56:43 AM10/15/07
to Capistrano
Thats exactly the problem, thanks.
I commented out #require "deprec/recipes" in ~/.caprc and now its
fine :)

On Oct 12, 5:37 pm, Jamis Buck <ja...@37signals.com> wrote:
> In the past, this has happened because the deprec gem (which does not
> work with 2.0) is being loaded. Check your deploy.rb and make sure
> you aren't requiring the deprec gem anywhere. Also, you might want to
> check ~/.caprc, since some people have been loading deprec there.
>
> - Jamis
>
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 6:10 AM, Kris wrote:
>

> > /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:246:in `activate': can't
> > activate capistrano (= 1.4.1), already activated capistrano-2.0.0]
> > (Gem::Exception)
>
> > I just upgraded to Capistrano 2, but there seems to be a conflict with
> > my old version, how do I choose which gem to use?
>
> > Any suggestions please.
>

> smime.p7s
> 3KDownload

Message has been deleted