Redis install breaks my install

Jim Picariello

Nov 19, 2015, 3:10:18 PM11/19/15
to Canvas LMS Users
For some reason, when I install Redis, the login page just says that the page does not exist. Where it worked before the Redis install.

This is only ever going to be used by 18 people, sporadically. Do we really need Redis installed?

Thanks!

Jim

Pritpal Riat

Nov 25, 2015, 6:00:00 PM11/25/15
to Canvas LMS Users
I think I had a similar issue when I installed redis. The problem was because one of cache_store lines in the redis.yml/cache_store.yml files was still commented and that caused my issue. I had to install redis on my quick start installation of canvas so I could use oauth2 authentication. Other than that, I don't know what redis is used for.