On Cheney's entry into Canada . . . .

40%��onned

Sep 8, 2011, 9:39:04 PM9/8/11
Now we know where our $92 Billion 'security spending' is going. It's to protect war-making
assholes like this one when they spread their war-loving rhetoric on the invite of war-loving
right wing governments - like the one we have right now in Canada.

Lawyer wants Cheney arrested upon entering Canada
Argues Canada is obliged to arrest former U.S. vice-president for war crimes

A Vancouver lawyer wants former U.S. vice-president Dick Cheney to be arrested and prosecuted
for war crimes when he visits the city later this month to promote his new memoir, In My Time.

Gail Davidson, the co-founder of an organization called Lawyers Against the War, wants Canada to
either bar Cheney�s entry into the country or prosecute him for war crimes.

�It�s a bit chilling that they would invite a mass murderer as their guest to Canada,� Davidson
said to Vancouver�s Georgia Straight, criticizing the Bon Mot Book Club that will host Cheney.

Davidson is writing letters to Prime Minister Stephen Harper and several prominent cabinet
ministers, urging them to bar Cheney from entering the country, or charging him with crimes
under international law. Cheney, along with former U.S. President George W. Bush, oversaw the
American invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and reportedly authorized the torture of suspected
terrorists.

According to Davidson, Canada is obliged as a signatory of UN covenants against the use of
torture to arrest and prosecute both men when they enter the country.

"We CAN look after each other better than we do today.
We CAN have a fiscally responsible government.
We CAN have a strong economy; greater equality; a clean environment.
We CAN be a force for peace in the world." - Jack Layton