The Lieberals

Len McL

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
In the news this AM -

Ms Steward accused of deception and /or incompetence.

Pearson accused of lying about a two key system with the Americans.( for
those who are old enough to remember).

Mulroney's accuser up on drug trafficking charges.

There's a message here, for those without blinders . And forget "On the
Take". That is the way our system has always worked, that's the only way
it can work. This book could have been written about any previous
government and certainly will be written about Chretien. Needless to say ,
I have become a Mulroney fan. Chretien makes him look good. I realize I was
had by the media,aided by the Rat Pack. While Mulroney appeared pompous,
Chretien will go down as one of the most arrogant PMs , and the most
disastrous,this country has ever had.

The patronage bit reminds me a little like the Americans "discovering" sex
in the White House. Sex and/or patronage has always been with them and...
us. In any government we can only hope the positives will outweigh the
negatives.

Regards.........