making executables

zak

Nov 26, 2009, 11:10:26 PM11/26/09
to camelbox
Hi
are there anyone who have used camelbox succeeded in making exe files
from the perl files containing gtk2 code ?? . as someone else who had
posted last year to the group this is NOT possible.
if i want to distribute my gtk2 programs i am certainly must have the
capability to make the exe files for the users.
if someone knows how to do that, pleeeeeeeeeease post a description
for the newbies,
thanks
zak

Brian Manning

Nov 27, 2009, 3:08:54 AM11/27/09
to came...@googlegroups.com
This person has said that they've done it:

http://voltar.org/grm/

You might take a look at their description of the process they used
and see if it works for you.

Thanks,

Brian

MICHAEL MCGINN

Nov 27, 2009, 7:47:07 AM11/27/09
to came...@googlegroups.com
I've been creating exe's for over a year.

My configuration is Windows XP with camelbox, the Komodo IDE & PDK (Perl Dev Kit) from Activestate. The PDK is the build tool.

The process is simple, requiring a single command or can be done from the Komodo IDE, once the PDK is installed.

From the command line enter: perlapp myprogram.pl

Nov 27, 2009, 11:13:29 AM11/27/09
to camelbox
thanks Brian for the link.
thanks MICHAEL for the reference to PDK, i have downloaded a 21 days
trial of PDK, and as you have said : perlapp gyroscope.pl and about
instantly the gyroscope.exe was created, and it is run okay, indeed i
have surprised.(gyroscope.pl is an example inside camelbox examples).
then i have tried the gyroscope.exe in another system which haven't
CamelBox and there is an error message "the program can't start
because libglib-2.0-0.dll is missing from your computer" , this file
was in my first computer in the camelbox/Bin folder, since i was away
from my first computer to copy the camelbox\bin folder i have
downloaded gimp for windows (which will install the gtk library) from
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ , after that adding to the Environment
variables in the Path section GIMP-2.0\bin;
also copy the (Cairo.dll Glib.dll Gtk2.dll Pango.dll) from C:\camelbox
\site\lib\auto\ to your gyroscope.exe folder , and the program run
okay. i was surprised indeed.
i was about to stop my gtk2 learning line but now i will re think
again
thanks and best wishes