Release: Camelbox 2008.191.1624Z

spicyjack

Jul 9, 2008, 4:23:55 PM7/9/08
to camelbox
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of Camelbox, 2008.120.0145Z
(July 9th, 2008). This is another release in the 'nul' (2008.0)
series. Changes for this release include:

- Not one, not two, but *THREE* different DBD drivers; DBD::mysql,
DBD::ODBC, DBD::SQLite, all based on DBI
- Extra Perl Modules: JSON, Log::Log4perl, TimeDate

You can download the new installer here:

http://camelbox.googlecode.com/files/camelbox_2008.191.1624Z-nul.exe

Upgrade Recommendation: Upgrading is only recommended if you want to
pick up the new features. You can use the new installer to 'add' the
new features in this release to your existing install without any
issues, if you are using Camelbox release 2008.102.0140Z (April 11th,
2008) or newer. Older releases will require uninstallation before
installing this version.

For support with this software, please send e-mail to the Camelbox
mailing list, located at came...@googlegroups.com.

Thanks,

Brian
Message has been deleted

deadpickle

Jul 28, 2008, 1:42:38 AM7/28/08
to camelbox
I had some problems. I installed the new camelbox release and it seems
that libexpat.dll is not in camelbox\bin or any where for that
matter.

spicy jack

Jul 28, 2008, 1:47:02 AM7/28/08
to came...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 10:42 PM, deadpickle <deadp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had some problems. I installed the new camelbox release and it seems
> that libexpat.dll is not in camelbox\bin or any where for that
> matter.

[manzana][brian archives]$ lzma -d -c
libgnomecanvas-bin.2008.201.1.tar.lzma | tar -tvf - | grep expat
-rwxr-xr-x brian/brian 151552 2007-06-05 15:23:36 bin/libexpat.dll
-rwxr-xr-x brian/brian 151552 2007-06-05 15:23:40 bin/libexpatw.dll

Miss a package?

Thanks,

Brian

deadpickle

Jul 28, 2008, 11:10:03 AM7/28/08
to camelbox
I get an incorrect command error when I type that command in. Do I
need the Lzma SDK?

deadpickle

spicy jack

Jul 28, 2008, 11:30:58 AM7/28/08
to came...@googlegroups.com
> On Jul 28, 12:47 am, "spicy jack" <elspicyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 10:42 PM, deadpickle <deadpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I had some problems. I installed the new camelbox release and it seems
>> > that libexpat.dll is not in camelbox\bin or any where for that
>> > matter.

That was my oblique way of asking if you installed the libgnomecanvas
archive. That is where the expat libs are (currently) located. You
can re-run the installer and install just that package if you're not
sure.

Thanks,

Brian

deadpickle

Jul 28, 2008, 3:47:12 PM7/28/08
to camelbox
I have changed the makefile.pl to the libexpat.dll and made all the
nesicary changes. on perl Makefile.pl I still get cant find library
warning.

spicy jack

Jul 28, 2008, 4:29:09 PM7/28/08
to came...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM, deadpickle <deadp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have changed the makefile.pl to the libexpat.dll and made all the
> nesicary changes. on perl Makefile.pl I still get cant find library
> warning.

And you will keep getting the "Can't find library" warning until
someone fixes ExtUtils::Liblist::Kid module to look for libraries on
Windows in a smarter way than it does currently. Please see this
message for the specifics:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2008-July/msg00109.html

Until it gets fixed, you will have to modify the Makefile using a text
editor so that the environment is set up to look for the correct
library/import library files. This is the bit that you e-mailed me
offline earlier, but for the benefit of everyone on the list:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2008-April/msg00056.html

Specifically, item #3, Tweaking the Makefile, in that message.

Thanks,

Brian