"Jim Jeffords - American Hero"

1 view

Gary Lantz

May 24, 2001, 1:51:58 PM5/24/01
John McCain first spoke out and could have won the Presidency as an
independent had he chosen to do so. Now another, Jim Jeffords, has shown
what decency is all about. No longer will he be a part of this current
group on the right that have a retarded, uneducated, circus-sized,
fatman, Rush Limbaugh speaking for them. Several of these greedy, lying
fatmen have been the voice of the extremists and it is time for the party to
throw them out or it is time for the rest of the honest men like McCain and
Jeffords to go to a third party. Several of these white fat guys have been
the voice of greed and that is what bought the election. But greed can
never be satisfied that is why so many of them have been circus-sized fatmen
like Limbaugh most of their lives. They were always feeding their face to
excess, even if they were taking it from the needy.

Ever since Scaife started spreading the cash around the hate talk mongers
like Limbaugh and now Matthews have been spreading hate talk 24 - 7. Fox
News is practically an entire network of the greedy extreme right wingnuts
and loons. Look at history and you will see time and time again the seeds
of destruction keep replaying over and over. The right wingnuts and most of
Washington are selling America for as much of their own greed they can take.
Hopefully the Jeffords move will spark any other men that have become lost
in the market of greed to step forward and say no more. We can't let this
great country lose the moral compass at their own helpful hands.

--

Gary Lantz

We3

May 24, 2001, 2:02:48 PM5/24/01
Fat limballs is one reason that the shrub is showing a 22% approval rating
here in California this morning.
"Gary Lantz" <gar...@defnet.com> wrote in message

Ryan O'Rielley

May 24, 2001, 9:33:32 PM5/24/01
Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.

You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

harrison numbugger

May 24, 2001, 9:44:57 PM5/24/01

Ryan O'Rielley wrote:

> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> senate.

bet you weren't bitching when the democratic senators defected in the
mid 90s typical conservative hypocrite

> He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> republican.

ROFLMAO!!! the republican parties middle name is fraud!!

>He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.

he should immediately talk as many republican senators as possible to
follow his lead. He is a man of integrity disgusted with the corrupt and
hypocritical monstrosity the republican party has become.

> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

yes, the will of the people said that Al Gore should be president

wise up, follow his lead , many more are on the way

Krow

May 24, 2001, 9:47:49 PM5/24/01

"Ryan O'Rielley" <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
special
> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
>
> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

"will of the people"???

LOL

Tell us again who won the popular vote in November?

Krow

Ranetek

May 24, 2001, 10:08:20 PM5/24/01
Looks like the shit is getting tough eh Jackson?? Ha Ha Ha.......ratfuck to
you....

cubby...@aol.com

May 24, 2001, 10:19:17 PM5/24/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 01:33:32 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
<srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
>senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
>republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
>election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
>
>You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

This piece of garbage is typical of Limbaugh listeners.

#1. What "Will Of The People" to have an evenly devided Senate? The
constituants of Jeffords voted only for Jeffords. There is no reason
to believe that they gave a damn one way or the other about the other
99 Senators.

#2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
principals. He changed none of them.

#3. Why should he resign? Did Ben "Nighthorse" Campbell resign when he
changed parties in '94?

As far as the "Will of the people", were that the way we ran our
government, Tipper Gore would be first lady.

Loki

Anna Maria

May 25, 2001, 12:23:25 AM5/25/01

cubby...@aol.com wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001 01:33:32 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
> <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> >senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> >republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
> >election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> >
> >You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
>

> #2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
> principals. He changed none of them.

It wouldn't be fraud if he gave back the campaign money he received from
Republican Voter and the Republican Party that he used to get elected only 6
months ago.

cubby...@aol.com

May 25, 2001, 1:16:06 AM5/25/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 04:23:25 GMT, Anna Maria <annam...@aol.net>
wrote:

As for the voters, do you have a breakdown as to how many of them
supported him because of his party as opposed to his principals and
record? As far as the Republican party, it swerved hard right when W
was appointed president. They made their bed, and now they can sleep
in it.

Loki

John Gilmer

May 25, 2001, 1:22:30 AM5/25/01

"Gary Lantz" <gar...@defnet.com> wrote in message
> John McCain first spoke out and could have won the Presidency as an
> independent had he chosen to do so.

Sure he could have. Now go take you medicine!

>Now another, Jim Jeffords, has shown
> what decency is all about.

Jeffords isn't decent or indecent; he wanted his 15 minutes of fame without
much cost (he keeps the committee chair) and he got it. He has postponed
his "switch" until after the tax cut has be signed. IOW he is being
"decent" on the cheap!

>No longer will he be a part of this current
> group on the right that have a retarded, uneducated, circus-sized,
> fatman, Rush Limbaugh speaking for them.

Now, now, now!

> Several of these greedy, lying
> fatmen have been the voice of the extremists and it is time for the party
> throw them out or it is time for the rest of the honest men like McCain
and
> Jeffords to go to a third party. Several of these white fat guys have
been
> the voice of greed and that is what bought the election. But greed can
> never be satisfied that is why so many of them have been circus-sized
fatmen
> like Limbaugh most of their lives. They were always feeding their face to
> excess, even if they were taking it from the needy.

Oh Lord! Do you really believe the Crap you post?

> Ever since Scaife started spreading the cash around the hate talk mongers
> like Limbaugh and now Matthews have been spreading hate talk 24 - 7. Fox
> News is practically an entire network of the greedy extreme right wingnuts
> and loons. Look at history and you will see time and time again the seeds
> of destruction keep replaying over and over.

Gad! You make the folks who talk about the fake moon shot seem downright
rational!

>The right wingnuts and most of
> Washington are selling America for as much of their own greed they can
take.
> Hopefully the Jeffords move will spark any other men that have become lost
> in the market of greed to step forward and say no more. We can't let this
> great country lose the moral compass at their own helpful hands.

Nah. Jeffords MAY incite weak reeds like McCain to switch which would be
FUN TO WATCH because each wacky left wing Republican that switches takes
away a chair from a long serving democRAT!

> --
>

> Gary Lantz

Gary: You are FUN TO WATCH too!

bb

May 25, 2001, 3:44:52 AM5/25/01

<cubby...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 25 May 2001 04:23:25 GMT, Anna Maria <annam...@aol.net>
> wrote:
>

> >cubby...@aol.com wrote:

> >> #2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
> >> principals. He changed none of them.
> >
> >It wouldn't be fraud if he gave back the campaign money he received from
> >Republican Voter and the Republican Party that he used to get elected
only 6
> >months ago.
>
> As for the voters, do you have a breakdown as to how many of them
> supported him because of his party as opposed to his principals and
> record?

Only 20% of Vermont voters are registered as republicans. A Vermonter who's
a republican is not really a republican. They're really more like moderate
democrats. Jeffords is a liberal who's been a party infiltrator since 1967.
He just waited for the right moment to maximize his deception. He's never
once voted for any republican initiative. Arlen Specter is another
undercover liberl in place to stop conservatism. It was either him or McCain
who were going to put accountability on the dems heads. Now the dems no
longer have nothing to lose. Except more seats in '02. It's thiers to lose
again--much like Algore's election fiasco.

>As far as the Republican party, it swerved hard right when W
> was appointed president. They made their bed, and now they can sleep
> in it.
>
> Loki

So all those 12 dems that voted for his no-way-in-hell-it-will-pass tax cuts
are also swerving hard to the right?
Since when is moderation being hard to the right?

Ryan O'Rielley

May 25, 2001, 7:21:19 AM5/25/01

> On Fri, 25 May 2001 01:33:32 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
> <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> >senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> >republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
special
> >election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> >
> >You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
>
> This piece of garbage is typical of Limbaugh listeners.

And your reply is typical of Liberals who must call names!

> #1. What "Will Of The People" to have an evenly devided Senate? The
> constituants of Jeffords voted only for Jeffords. There is no reason
> to believe that they gave a damn one way or the other about the other
> 99 Senators.

They might or might not have, But I use the term "will of the people" in
quotes (those are those marks around the words, for those of you in
Defiance, OH) because that's the "defense" the Dems used when the House did
their CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY and impeached him. All Clinton could say was
"will of the people" So that's why he should resign--it was the "will of
the people" to have a republican in that spot.

And yes, I am happy anytime a democrat sees the light and leaves the dark
side for the good side of the force and becomes a republican! I just think
dems should believe in their own standard.

> #2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
> principals. He changed none of them.

He also ran on his party, which he did change.

> #3. Why should he resign? Did Ben "Nighthorse" Campbell resign when he
> changed parties in '94?

See the above.

> As far as the "Will of the people", were that the way we ran our
> government, Tipper Gore would be first lady.

Too bad we run it using the Constitution, which democrats never bother to
consult. Gore LOST--get over it.

--
"Does anyone else out there find it
strange that Liberals never call, nor let

Gary Lantz

May 25, 2001, 8:09:10 AM5/25/01

Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
special
> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
>
> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to fix
the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could not
be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate. Bush
ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the Supreme
Court and the Presidency.

cubby...@aol.com

May 25, 2001, 10:34:35 AM5/25/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 11:21:19 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
<srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:

><cubby...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 25 May 2001 01:33:32 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
>> <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
>> >senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
>> >republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
>special
>> >election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
>> >
>> >You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
>>
>> This piece of garbage is typical of Limbaugh listeners.
>

>And your reply is typical of Liberals who must call names!

"Limbaugh listener" is the only "name" I called anyone. A person with
basic reading comprehension skills would recognize this, but as you
are clearly un-plagued by this affliction the subtlety of the written
word was clearly more than you could handle. If there was any doubt in
anyone's mind that you are a Limbaugh listener, that thought can now
be laid to rest.

>> #1. What "Will Of The People" to have an evenly devided Senate? The

>> constituents of Jeffords voted only for Jeffords. There is no reason

>> to believe that they gave a damn one way or the other about the other
>> 99 Senators.
>
>They might or might not have, But I use the term "will of the people" in
>quotes (those are those marks around the words, for those of you in
>Defiance, OH) because that's the "defense" the Dems used when the House did
>their CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY and impeached him. All Clinton could say was
>"will of the people" So that's why he should resign--it was the "will of
>the people" to have a republican in that spot.

Your answer gets dumber and dumber. #1. There was no "Will of the
people" to have Clinton impeached. The polling numbers showed
throughout the process that the "people" supported Clinton and opposed
his impeachment. #2. There was no "will of the people" to have anyone
in Jeffords seat save Jeffords. They voted for him, and they got him.
There is no reason to believe that the "people" were any more
concerned with his political affiliation than they are with his choice
in necktie patterns.

Changing parties is not as much a violation of the people's will than
is running as an "environmental candidate" and then abandoning that
platform once elected.

>And yes, I am happy anytime a democrat sees the light and leaves the dark
>side for the good side of the force and becomes a republican! I just think
>dems should believe in their own standard.

They do. They did not piss and moan when Campbell left their party,
and neither did the repugnantcans, nor Rush. They accepted it as part
of doing business. However, now that the shoe is on the other foot the
republicans cannot deal with it.

>> #2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
>> principals. He changed none of them.
>
>He also ran on his party, which he did change.

No he did not. He ran as a member of a party that he felt stopped
being representative of what initially drew him to it when he became a
member. When it came down to a question of his principals or his
party, he was true to himself and his constituents.

>> #3. Why should he resign? Did Ben "Night horse" Campbell resign when he

>> changed parties in '94?
>
>See the above.

I did. Why don't you and answer the question. A non-responsive answer
one time does not acquire credibility through repetition.

>> As far as the "Will of the people", were that the way we ran our
>> government, Tipper Gore would be first lady.
>
>Too bad we run it using the Constitution, which democrats never bother to
>consult. Gore LOST--get over it.

Gore is not President, but that has nothing to do with "the will of
the people," unless the only people who count are 5 Justices on the
Supreme Court.

Loki

h0mi

May 25, 2001, 10:56:37 AM5/25/01

Gary Lantz wrote:

> John McCain first spoke out and could have won the Presidency as an
> independent had he chosen to do so. Now another, Jim Jeffords, has shown

This assertion is laughable. REpublicans fearing Gore would not vote for
him. Democrats fearing Bush would not vote for him. Who'd support him, the
Nader voters who would think he's in the pocket of big business?

Drink Beer, Eat Politics

May 25, 2001, 11:13:38 AM5/25/01

"Krow" <kro...@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

Too bad the popular vote hasn't mattered in 200 years. Are you seriously
that ignorant to try to slam someone with shit that doesn't and never has
mattered?

| Krow

robx...@nowhere.com

May 25, 2001, 1:04:32 PM5/25/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 08:09:10 -0400, "Gary Lantz" <gar...@defnet.com>
wrote:

>Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
>> senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
>> republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
>special
>> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
>>
>> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
>
>Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to fix
>the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
>everything else.

He won the Electoral College. That's how a President is elected. Get
over it!

>Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could not
>be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
>electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate.

Florida's winner was determined despite your fantasies of otherwise.

Bush
>ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the Supreme
>Court and the Presidency.

And how did he buy these???

It Isnt Easy Being Green

May 25, 2001, 1:33:59 PM5/25/01
wrote:

::It wouldn't be fraud if he gave back the campaign money he received from

::Republican Voter and the Republican Party that he used to get elected only 6
::months ago.

Can one assume that this was done by all past party-changers? Is
there any evidence of that?

The Battle Hymn of the Republic(an$$$$$)

Mine eyes have seen the horror of the plunder of the land.
I have seen the barren hillsides where the timber used to stand.
I have seen the oil derricks on the fragile Arctic land.
And the greed goes marching on.

Glory, glory, Bu$h and Cheney,
They are crookeder than any,
They stole their federal posts,
And of bribes they took the most,
And their greed goes marching on.

We must fight them in the Congress.
We must fight them in the streets.
We must never offer quarter.
They are plunderers and cheats.
With our faith in people power
let us rise from our defeats,
As the greed goes marching on.

In His wisdom and his mercy
Our creator made this land,
And by his grace we humans
Have received it from His hand.
In the name of all that's holy
To defend it let us stand
As the greed goes marching on.

It is not for gold and silver
That our fathers fought and died
It is not for corporate profits
Nor for plutocratic pride.
Let us honor their devotion
And with freedom on our side
Stop the greed from marching on.
Bu$h is a moron (Guantanamera)

Bu$h is a moron,
Oh we now,
Bu$h is a moron,
A greedy mooooooooron,
Oh we know,
Bu$h is a moron.

He plays the "hombre sincero".
They pay him "mucho dinero".
He plays the "hombre sincero".
But all he cares for is bux.
His freinds are corporate biggies
Who act like desperate piggies.

Bush is a moron......

His talk of ethics is phoney,
He fills the air with baloney,
He likes his fundraisers toney,
And then he puts on that smirk.
When you see chimpazees grinning,
You know the Dark Side is winning.

Bush is a moron....

It Isnt Easy Being Green

May 25, 2001, 1:35:02 PM5/25/01
The REAL fraud was W running as a centrist and then shedding his
sheep's clothing on inauguration day. That is what caused Jeffords to
leave the party.

On Fri, 25 May 2001 05:16:06 GMT, cubby...@aol.com wrote:

::On Fri, 25 May 2001 04:23:25 GMT, Anna Maria <annam...@aol.net>

Drink Beer, Eat Politics

May 25, 2001, 1:44:33 PM5/25/01

| On Fri, 25 May 2001 11:21:19 GMT, "Ryan O'Rielley"
| <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
|

| ><cubby...@aol.com> wrote in message

| >special

| >> This piece of garbage is typical of Limbaugh listeners.
| >

| >And your reply is typical of Liberals who must call names!
|
| "Limbaugh listener" is the only "name" I called anyone. A person with
| basic reading comprehension skills would recognize this, but as you
| are clearly un-plagued by this affliction the subtlety of the written
| word was clearly more than you could handle. If there was any doubt in
| anyone's mind that you are a Limbaugh listener, that thought can now
| be laid to rest.

Any person with basic reading comprehension and also being the author should
realize you called the person a "piece of garbage". Unfortunately in the
case the author doesn't seem to be aware.

Jamie Gregorian

May 25, 2001, 3:12:13 PM5/25/01
"Ryan O'Rielley" <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<MDiP6.18609$9D5.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> senate.

The makeup of the Senate has nothing to do with the will of the
people. The will of Vermont was to have Jim Jeffords as their United
States Senator. There was no way of knowing, when the votes were cast,
what the final makeup of the Senate would be.

> He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.

Hmmm...I must have missed your call for Dick Shelby and Ben Campbell
to do that. The people sent him to the Senate. Whom he chooses to
caucus with is his choice.

> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

Yes, and the will of Vermont to have Jeffords as their Senator has not
been hampered one bit. The only contradiction to the "will of the
people" was when Tony Scalia, his lackey Clarence Thomas, and th other
three clowns decided their will was more important than that of the
people, and stuck us with His Fraudlency as the Resident at 1600
Pennsylvania Avenue.

Ryan O'Rielley

May 25, 2001, 4:24:42 PM5/25/01

Jamie Gregorian <greg...@my-deja.com> wrote in message The only

contradiction to the "will of the
> people" was when Tony Scalia, his lackey Clarence Thomas, and th other
> three clowns decided their will was more important than that of the
> people, and stuck us with His Fraudlency as the Resident at 1600
> Pennsylvania Avenue.

Gore LOST FLORIDA--GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Anna Maria

May 25, 2001, 4:32:19 PM5/25/01
Glad to see you so pissed about your loss.

phils...@mindspring.com

May 25, 2001, 8:03:37 PM5/25/01

:
: > Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
: >
..
: : > Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no

brother trying to fix
: > the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular
vote and
: > everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's
winner could not
: > be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would
win in the
: > electorial college absent the Florida votes for either
candidate. Bush
: > ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did
buy the Supreme
: > Court and the Presidency.

I disagree. Bu$h did not buy anything, he is dirt poor. Bu$h
and his gang of five have been bought. They are traitors of
the people they are supposed to be working for and sell outs
to the corporations that are raping the people and resources
of America.

Dana

May 25, 2001, 5:11:43 PM5/25/01

Anna Maria <annam...@aol.net> wrote in message

> Glad to see you so pissed about your loss.
>
> Gary Lantz wrote:
>
> > Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly
divided
> > > senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate
as a
> > > republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
> > special
> > > election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> > >
> > > You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
> >
> > Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to
fix
> > the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
> > everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could
not
> > be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
> > electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate. Bush
> > ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the
Supreme
> > Court and the Presidency.

And your proof of this!!!

Veritas Vincit Omnes

May 25, 2001, 5:39:21 PM5/25/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 07:44:52 GMT, "bb" <some...@somewhere.net>
wrote:

::He's never

::once voted for any republican initiative. Arlen Specter is another
::undercover liberl in place to stop conservatism.

Yeh. We're glad they are where they are. They really disrupt stuff
on that side of the aisle. If Reptiles had any sense, they'd talk a
couple of ringers into moving across the aisle.

Lone Haranguer

May 25, 2001, 8:12:33 PM5/25/01

Gary Lantz wrote:

> Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> > senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> > republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
> special
> > election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> >
> > You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
>
> Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to fix
> the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
> everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could not
> be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
> electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate. Bush
> ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the Supreme
> Court and the Presidency.

As long as you are fixing everything that is wrong with the world how
about holding your head under water for 15 minutes? It won't be a total
cure but every little bit helps.
LZ

Krow

May 25, 2001, 8:16:03 PM5/25/01

"Drink Beer, Eat Politics" <poli...@totalconfusion.com> wrote in message

You really don't have a basic level of reading comprehension do you?

He did NOT call anyone a "piece of garbage". That was in reference to the
statement, not the person.

Please, read more carefully and try to keep up.

Krow

Krow

May 25, 2001, 8:18:14 PM5/25/01

"Ryan O'Rielley" <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Keep repeating the mantra. Eventually you might even believe it.

Krow

Krow

May 25, 2001, 8:17:34 PM5/25/01

"Drink Beer, Eat Politics" <poli...@totalconfusion.com> wrote in message

Again you demonstrate your inability to follow a simple argument. The point
wasn't about who won or lost...it was about the "will of the people".

Again, please try to keep up.

Krow

Chuck Buckley

May 25, 2001, 9:08:06 PM5/25/01
"Gary Lantz" <gar...@defnet.com> wrote in message news:<tgqibet...@corp.supernews.com>...
> John McCain first spoke out and could have won the Presidency as an
> independent had he chosen to do so. Now another, Jim Jeffords, has shown
> what decency is all about. No longer will he be a part of this current
> group on the right that have a retarded, uneducated, circus-sized,
> fatman, Rush Limbaugh speaking for them. Several of these greedy, lying
> fatmen have been the voice of the extremists and it is time for the party to
> throw them out or it is time for the rest of the honest men like McCain and
> Jeffords to go to a third party. Several of these white fat guys have been
> the voice of greed and that is what bought the election. But greed can
> never be satisfied that is why so many of them have been circus-sized fatmen
> like Limbaugh most of their lives. They were always feeding their face to
> excess, even if they were taking it from the needy.
>
> Ever since Scaife started spreading the cash around the hate talk mongers
> like Limbaugh and now Matthews have been spreading hate talk 24 - 7. Fox
> News is practically an entire network of the greedy extreme right wingnuts
> and loons. Look at history and you will see time and time again the seeds
> of destruction keep replaying over and over. The right wingnuts and most of
> Washington are selling America for as much of their own greed they can take.
> Hopefully the Jeffords move will spark any other men that have become lost
> in the market of greed to step forward and say no more. We can't let this
> great country lose the moral compass at their own helpful hands.

Jim Jeffords has shown more courage by this single act than George W.
"Daddy don't let them send me to 'Nam" Bush has shown in his entire
life. The myth of Bush's so-called bipartisanship has been shattered.
The extremist rightwing agenda as advocated by the likes of Senate
Minority Leader Trent Lott has been dealt a blow from which it might
never recover. A great moment in this country's history has arrived.

Krow

May 25, 2001, 10:35:38 PM5/25/01

"Lone Haranguer" <lin...@qwest.net> wrote in message

Gotta love it when they start getting shrill. A sure sign that the right
has had their asses soundly kicked.

Krow

Scott Nolan

May 26, 2001, 12:30:10 AM5/26/01
Krow wrote:

> "Ryan O'Rielley" <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>

> > Gore LOST FLORIDA--GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Gore did not lose Florida, it was stolen from him.
Gore very probably did lose the nation... there is absolutely no excuse for
the election to have been close, that is Gore's fault... but once it was
close, the powers that be could not resist stealing it outright.

Scott - ashamed to have ever considered himself Republican. Never again.

Veritas Vincit Omnes

May 26, 2001, 1:29:16 AM5/26/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 15:13:38 GMT, "Drink Beer, Eat Politics"
<poli...@totalconfusion.com> wrote:

::Too bad the popular vote hasn't mattered in 200 years.

Too bad the will of the people is disregarded in this "democracy".
Especially given the self-righteous lecturing to Europe and Africa for
NOT being democratic.

Gary Lantz

May 26, 2001, 10:02:28 AM5/26/01

Lone Haranguer <lin...@qwest.net> wrote in message

What an intellectually vacant response. But you are a dimwit, Limus, what
can we expect?

Chuck Buckley

May 26, 2001, 11:29:53 AM5/26/01
"Krow" <kro...@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<yCCP6.43754$f85.7...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>...

George W. Bush lost the popular vote by well over a half a million
ballots. By leaving the Southern Regional Party Jeffords has affirmed
what a majority of the American people said when they voted against
him last November; George W. Bush and his agenda are not fit to govern
the United States of America.

And one thing we always need to remember: It was the decision of 5
reactionary Supreme Court Justices that finally put "President" Bush
into office. I think it is safe to assume that one reason they did so
was the hope that he would nominate judges they would find acceptable
to their ideologocal persuasion. Sandra Day O'Connor's addled remark
about having to delay her retirement if Gore were to be elected only
confirms this contention. Jeffords defection from the Party Of
Darkness (P.O.D.) has now put their corrupt designs in jeopardy as
well.

Gary Lantz

May 26, 2001, 10:04:22 AM5/26/01

Chuck Buckley <mikey...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nice post.

Allen Seth Dunn

May 26, 2001, 5:42:26 PM5/26/01
Several people keep saying this, but the Democrats still don't get the
picture. How many times does it have to be said that the United States of
America is a Republic. Not a complete Democracy. There is a difference
between the two.

"Veritas Vincit Omnes" <dumps...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

J.M. Ivler

May 26, 2001, 9:19:57 PM5/26/01
In ca.politics Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> senate.

he was treated like crap by the conservatives and even though he stated
that he was unhappy they ignored him (this is not something new, but he
has been like this for at least four years now). They made their bed, now
they get to sleep in it.

> He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> republican.

Do you vote for someone based on his representation of your desires on
those issues that you feel are important to you, or do you vote based on
party affiliation alone? If the second, then you deserve to get
"defrauded" by a man who determines his party based on his consious (Oh
yes, did you know that your hero, Ronnie Reagan was a Democrat for years
before he determined that his party left him, just as Jeffries determined
that his party had left him).

> He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.

Doesn't work that way (and consider how much he won by last time, based on
his positions, not party, and then just who do you think they would run
against him? LMAO).

> You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?

Sure, ask them in Broward County FL where a shitload of Jews seemingly
voted for a Nazi sympathizer like Pat instead of Al. You do want them to
have their WILL represented, dontchya?

J.M. Ivler

May 26, 2001, 9:23:41 PM5/26/01
In ca.politics Drink Beer, Eat Politics <poli...@totalconfusion.com> wrote:
> Too bad the popular vote hasn't mattered in 200 years. Are you seriously
> that ignorant to try to slam someone with shit that doesn't and never has
> mattered?

And what was the "will of the people" in Broward County? A bunch of Jews
choose to vote for Nazi sympatsizer Pat? Right.

Le Mod Pol

May 26, 2001, 10:20:23 PM5/26/01

Since this post has been over xposted I am
trimming the newsgroups to 5.

"J.M. Ivler" wrote:

> In ca.politics Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> > senate.

yes and what about the three turncoats sitting on
the republican benches

:~)

In Politics, Moderation Is The Best Policy

Captain Compassion

May 26, 2001, 11:46:53 PM5/26/01

That was Palm Beach County not Boward. Jeffords is just another
political hack looking to make the best deal he can for himself. But
thats OK. That's what self interest is all about.

What I don't believe is all this BS about how the party left him or
how he suddenly had some sort of vision. He knew damn well the
policits of Bush. Dashcle made him a better deal. Too bad the deal
wasn't good enough to turn him into a Democrat.

Remember, Hitler demonized the "rich jews" who were
"running everything". Today, you guys just leave off the
word "Jew". Same politics, different time.- John Shafto

"When you can measure what you are speaking about and express
it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot
measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge
is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind." Lord Kelvin

"You can never really own more than you can carry with two hands while
running at full speed." -- Robert A. Heinlein

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the
baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their
own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity, but to
their self love." Adam Smith 1776

The Greens/Green Party USA
PO Box 1134
Lawrence, MA 01842

Joseph R. Darancette
dar...@uia.net

Falcon

May 26, 2001, 11:59:17 PM5/26/01
On Sun, 27 May 2001 03:46:53 GMT, dar...@uia.net (Captain Compassion)
wrote:

>What I don't believe is all this BS about how the party left him or
>how he suddenly had some sort of vision. He knew damn well the
>policits of Bush. Dashcle made him a better deal. Too bad the deal
>wasn't good enough to turn him into a Democrat.

Jeffords voted with the Demwits 80% of the time. If he had courage,
he would have become another Demwit. The fact that he chose to become
an Independent, proves he's a coward.

Mathew

May 27, 2001, 2:59:43 AM5/27/01

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Lone Haranguer wrote:

> Gary Lantz wrote:
> >
> > Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> > > senate. He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> > > republican. He should immediately resign and try to run again in a
> > special
> > > election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> > >
> > > You know about "will of the people" don't you democRATS?
> >
> > Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to fix
> > the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
> > everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could not
> > be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
> > electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate. Bush
> > ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the Supreme
> > Court and the Presidency.
> >
> As long as you are fixing everything that is wrong with the world how
> about holding your head under water for 15 minutes? It won't be a total
> cure but every little bit helps.

I thought you were trying to fix everything wrong with the world,Lone.

Chuck Buckley

May 27, 2001, 9:47:48 AM5/27/01
"Allen Seth Dunn" <asd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9ep803$l9a$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>...

> Several people keep saying this, but the Democrats still don't get the
> picture. How many times does it have to be said that the United States of
> America is a Republic. Not a complete Democracy. There is a difference
> between the two.

Amazing how this sad excuse for the elevation of GWB keeps getting
regurgitated whenever his legitimacy is questioned. The discussion of
the legitimacy of GWB's Supreme Court authored selection continues for
many reasons, and they will continue to be discussed both here and
elsewhere. To blithely babble some superficial inanities about the
United States not being a democracy in hopes of somehow ending this
controversy is absurd

Of course, the question could always be turned around. How about this:

If the United States was truly a democracy, could George W. Bush have
become our President?

Authentic American

May 27, 2001, 10:23:57 AM5/27/01
On 27 May 2001 06:47:48 -0700, mikey...@yahoo.com (Chuck Buckley)
wrote:

>Amazing how this sad excuse for the elevation of GWB keeps getting
>regurgitated whenever his legitimacy is questioned. The discussion of
>the legitimacy of GWB's Supreme Court authored selection continues for
>many reasons, and they will continue to be discussed both here and
>elsewhere. To blithely babble some superficial inanities about the
>United States not being a democracy in hopes of somehow ending this
>controversy is absurd
>
>Of course, the question could always be turned around. How about this:
>
>If the United States was truly a democracy, could George W. Bush have
>become our President?

I believe your logic is flawed.

Define a true democracy. Do you want all leaders and bills determined
by direct vote? If you do, I suspect that Bill Clinton would not
have become president. However, I doubt if you would agree with
direct vote because the United States would be then governed by the
tyranny of the majority. To illustrate my point, look at all the
referendums that have been overturned by state and federal courts,
because they were unconstitutional.

Or, do you just want those elected officials and laws you don't like
to be determined by direct vote and leave the others alone. Would
that be a "true democracy"?

We have a representative constitutional democracy. The elections are
regulated by laws. If you don't like the regulations, convince the
legislature to change the laws.

Tom Abbott

May 27, 2001, 11:24:57 AM5/27/01

Right. And they gave Buchanan 8,000 of their votes in
1996, too. What's so unusual about them voting for him
again in 2000?

TA

Tom Abbott

May 27, 2001, 11:26:10 AM5/27/01
On Fri, 25 May 2001 12:35:02 -0500, It Isnt Easy Being Green
<dumps...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The REAL fraud was W running as a centrist and then shedding his
>sheep's clothing on inauguration day. That is what caused Jeffords to
>leave the party.

What exactly is a "centrist"? Is that someone who always
agrees with the liberal agenda?

TA

Tom Abbott

May 27, 2001, 11:30:02 AM5/27/01
On 25 May 2001 18:08:06 -0700, mikey...@yahoo.com (Chuck
Buckley) wrote:

What exactly is the "extremist right-wing agenda" that
Senator Lott and President Bush are advocating?

TA

Lone Haranguer

May 27, 2001, 11:40:39 AM5/27/01

Mathew wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Lone Haranguer wrote:
>

> > Gary Lantz wrote:
> > >
> > > Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > special

> > > Jeffords was elected with enough votes and they was no brother trying to fix
> > > the election. Bush ought to resign. He lost the popular vote and
> > > everything else. Even if you would decide that Florida's winner could not
> > > be determined, Gore would win a re-vote and Gore would win in the
> > > electorial college absent the Florida votes for either candidate. Bush
> > > ought to resign because he didn't win anything but he did buy the Supreme
> > > Court and the Presidency.
> > >
> > As long as you are fixing everything that is wrong with the world how
> > about holding your head under water for 15 minutes? It won't be a total
> > cure but every little bit helps.
>
> I thought you were trying to fix everything wrong with the world,Lone.

Well, you were wrong Mathew. I give suggestions. In this case I made a
suggestion to forestall a contamination of the gene pool.
LZ

Allen Seth Dunn

May 27, 2001, 11:49:26 AM5/27/01

"Falcon" <Bl...@BlueSky.com> wrote in message

Just a thought, but if he so rarely voted on the Republican ticket, why did
he run on the Republican ticket in his re-election bid this past fall? It
would seem to me that it would've made more sense to run as an independent
or Democrat in this case.

Krow

May 27, 2001, 11:57:42 AM5/27/01

"Allen Seth Dunn" <asd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Maybe Dumbya running as a centrist...promising to "reach across the aisle"
had something to do with it.

Krow

Authentic American

May 27, 2001, 12:09:44 PM5/27/01
On Sun, 27 May 2001 15:57:42 GMT, "Krow" <kro...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>Maybe Dumbya running as a centrist...promising to "reach across the aisle"
>had something to do with it.
>
>Krow

Even before Bush became President, Jeffords voted with the Democrates
most of the time. So, your logic is suspect.

He became an independent so the Democrates would not have a majority.

Le Mod Pol

May 27, 2001, 3:37:19 PM5/27/01
Excess x-posting deleted

Captain Compassion wrote:

> On Sun, 27 May 2001 01:19:57 -0000, "J.M. Ivler"
> <iv...@basecamp1.netquest.net> wrote:
>
> >In ca.politics Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >> Jeffords has overturned the will of the people to have an evenly divided
> >> senate.
> >
> >he was treated like crap by the conservatives and even though he stated
> >that he was unhappy they ignored him (this is not something new, but he
> >has been like this for at least four years now). They made their bed, now
> >they get to sleep in it.
> >
> >> He also has defrauded the prople who sent him to the senate as a
> >> republican.
> >
> >Do you vote for someone based on his representation of your desires on
> >those issues that you feel are important to you, or do you vote based on
> >party affiliation alone? If the second, then you deserve to get
> >"defrauded" by a man who determines his party based on his consious (Oh
> >yes, did you know that your hero, Ronnie Reagan was a Democrat for years
> >before he determined that his party left him, just as Jeffries determined
> >that his party had left him).
> >
> >> He should immediately resign and try to run again in a special
> >> election if he wants to be a dumbocrat.
> >
> >Doesn't work that way (and consider how much he won by last time, based on
> >his positions, not party, and then just who do you think they would run
> >against him? LMAO).

> Jeffords is just another
> political hack looking to make the best deal he can for himself. But
> thats OK.

He was a *moderate* republican with a large
majority in a democratic state. Next time he
could get 75% of the vote.
I doubt either party could field a viable
candidate against him.

Le Mod Pol

May 27, 2001, 3:51:51 PM5/27/01
Excess newsgroups deleted

Mathew wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Lone Haranguer wrote:
>

> > Gary Lantz wrote:
> > >
> > > Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

What nonsense ~ only 33 or 34 senators come up for
election each biennial, which is why it is so
difficult to make major shifts. There were a
couple of close races the democrat lost that would
have changed the whole scene.

Don't forget the 4 turncoats on the Republican
benches. Of course Gramm crossed over in the
House and then ran for the senate as a republican.

Those of you whose names have been wasting
bandwidth and readers' time by failing to snip
quotes that are irrelevant to your responses.
Then you spam by crossposting to 8 or 9 groups. I
hope you see this post but I fear that you only
read the limbaugh groups

h0mi

May 27, 2001, 8:24:42 PM5/27/01

cubby...@aol.com wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001 04:23:25 GMT, Anna Maria <annam...@aol.net>
> wrote:
>

> >cubby...@aol.com wrote:

> >> #2. He defrauded no one. He ran on his policies, his record, and his
> >> principals. He changed none of them.
> >
> >It wouldn't be fraud if he gave back the campaign money he received from
> >Republican Voter and the Republican Party that he used to get elected only 6
> >months ago.
>
> As for the voters, do you have a breakdown as to how many of them
> supported him because of his party as opposed to his principals and
> record? As far as the Republican party, it swerved hard right when W
> was appointed president. They made their bed, and now they can sleep
> in it.

Jeffords claimed that the "republican party left him".

Evidently, they left him some 2 million or so dollars in campain funds. If
he feels so out of place in the GOP, he should return the money that this
party, the same party he feels does not belong to, gave him.

h0mi

May 27, 2001, 8:30:19 PM5/27/01

A true centrist is a person who either agrees with part of the liberal &
part of the conservative agenda, or agrees with specific parts of each.

Example-

A person who favored prohibiting 3rd trimester abortions but supported tax
payer funded abortions would be a 'centrist' position. Alternatively, a
person who supported prohibitions on most abortions but favored strict gun
controls could also be a "centrist" as well.

The term "Moderate" is used interchangably with "centrist" and I don't
think that's necessarily so. A Moderate conservative would hold
conservative perspectives on various (if not most) issues, but not very far
to the right; ie opposing an abortion ban in the 1st trimester but
supporting all other abortion restrictions (parental consent, 3rd
trimester, 'partial birth', waiting periods, taxpayer funding, etc). That'd
be a "moderate conservative" position on abortion, IMO.

Le Mod Pol

May 27, 2001, 11:44:01 PM5/27/01

Falcon wrote:

> Jeffords voted with the Demwits 80% of the time. If he had

> courage,he would have become another Demwit. The fact

> that he chose to become an Independent, proves he's a
> coward.

All this proves is that Falcon is so busy up in
bluesky .com that he can not get his fee onto
earth based reality

Le Mod Pol

May 28, 2001, 12:43:46 AM5/28/01

Chuck Buckley wrote:

> "Allen Seth Dunn" <asd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9ep803$l9a$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>...
> > Several people keep saying this, but the Democrats still don't get the
> > picture. How many times does it have to be said that the United States of
> > America is a Republic. Not a complete Democracy. There
> > is a difference between the two.

Frankly it bears a strong resemblance sometimes to
an Anarchy.

Specially when ole Strom was afillibustering

> Amazing how this sad excuse for the elevation of GWB
> keeps getting regurgitated whenever his legitimacy
> is questioned.

No he IS legitimate ~~ at least we know his mother
and father were married.

> The discussion of the legitimacy of GWB's Supreme Court > authored selection continues for many reasons, and they
> will continue to be discussed both here and elsewhere.

Of course he is not the only republican to steal
an election
Tilden had a popular majority and 184 of the 185
electoral votes needed to win. Hayes had 165
electoral votes. A total of 20 in Oregon, South
Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana were disputed. If
Hayes had won all of these, as the Republicans
claimed, he would have won. With competing returns
from the contested states, Congress created an
electoral commission, which decided that Hayes
should receive all 20 disputed ballots and thus
ensured his inauguration in March 1877.,

Hayes cut a deal with the commission telling them
that he would, if elected, end reconstruction. Bingo!

Gary Lantz

May 28, 2001, 8:44:59 AM5/28/01

Authentic American <Big...@oilsludge.com> wrote in message

> On 27 May 2001 06:47:48 -0700, mikey...@yahoo.com (Chuck Buckley)
> wrote:
>

> >Amazing how this sad excuse for the elevation of GWB keeps getting
> >regurgitated whenever his legitimacy is questioned. The discussion of
> >the legitimacy of GWB's Supreme Court authored selection continues for
> >many reasons, and they will continue to be discussed both here and
> >elsewhere. To blithely babble some superficial inanities about the
> >United States not being a democracy in hopes of somehow ending this
> >controversy is absurd
> >
> >Of course, the question could always be turned around. How about this:
> >
> >If the United States was truly a democracy, could George W. Bush have
> >become our President?
>
> I believe your logic is flawed.
>
> Define a true democracy. Do you want all leaders and bills determined
> by direct vote? If you do, I suspect that Bill Clinton would not
> have become president. However, I doubt if you would agree with
> direct vote because the United States would be then governed by the
> tyranny of the majority. To illustrate my point, look at all the
> referendums that have been overturned by state and federal courts,
> because they were unconstitutional.

In a true Democracy Bill Clinton would easily have had a third term against
the dimwitted Bush. Bush would have easily been shown the fool that he has
always been.

Gary Lantz

May 28, 2001, 8:47:48 AM5/28/01

Tom Abbott <tab...@intellex.com> wrote in message

When you need stupid comments Tom will always respond.

Gary Lantz

May 28, 2001, 8:46:41 AM5/28/01

Gary Lantz

May 28, 2001, 8:48:51 AM5/28/01

Tom Abbott <tab...@intellex.com> wrote in message

When you need stupid comments Abbott will usually reply.

Chuck Buckley

May 28, 2001, 10:28:41 AM5/28/01
Authentic American <Big...@oilsludge.com> wrote in message news:<l122ht4tov1e1o2g2...@4ax.com>...
> On 27 May 2001 06:47:48 -0700, mikey...@yahoo.com (Chuck Buckley)
> wrote:
>

> >Amazing how this sad excuse for the elevation of GWB keeps getting
> >regurgitated whenever his legitimacy is questioned. The discussion of
> >the legitimacy of GWB's Supreme Court authored selection continues for
> >many reasons, and they will continue to be discussed both here and
> >elsewhere. To blithely babble some superficial inanities about the
> >United States not being a democracy in hopes of somehow ending this
> >controversy is absurd
> >
> >Of course, the question could always be turned around. How about this:
> >
> >If the United States was truly a democracy, could George W. Bush have
> >become our President?
>
> I believe your logic is flawed.

I suspect that your inability to recognize sarcasm when it should have
been obvious even to someone so addicted to a lock-step two
dimensional ideological dependency such as yourself bepeaks the
"thought" of yet another addled reactionary true believer. Of course,
your deletion of the reference point might have had something to do
with it. Maybe you just couldn't remember what was going on here. Why
don't you review the rest of the thread and come back later after
you've given this some thought?

> Define a true democracy. Do you want all leaders and bills determined
> by direct vote? If you do, I suspect that Bill Clinton would not
> have become president. However, I doubt if you would agree with
> direct vote because the United States would be then governed by the
> tyranny of the majority.

As opposed to what? The tyranny of the minority as typified by the
corporate socialism of George W. Bush? Rule by organized economic
interest? Your obvious problem here is that your fellow was not chosen
by a majority of this country's citizens. He couldn't even put
together a plurality. He rules as if he had a mandate, yet his
policies and positions were deemed repugnant by a majority of this
country's voting populace. No wonder he is even having trouble holding
on to elected officials from his own party. Your cryptic and
delusional babble here disguises none of this.

Chuck Buckley

May 28, 2001, 10:56:38 AM5/28/01

Now there is a truly Republican concept: "If we give him money, he has
to do what we tell him." Pretty much works for the big energy
companies and the empty suit they placed in the White House, right?

Personally I think the money would be put to much better use against
whatever Trent Lott flunky runs against Jeffords the next time he is
up for reelection. Face it, as far as the voters of Vermont are
concerned, the GOP has become the party of the south and has about as
much legitimacy for them as Strom Thurmond's old racist States Rights
Party or George Wallace's American Independent Party. Reactionary
rednecks such as Lott, Delay, Gingrich, Thurmond, Helms, and Barr, are
repugnant reminders of just how backwards and vile southern politics
can be. The rest of the nation is becoming sickened by the stench. The
GOP loss of 5 Senate seats in the last election is proof of that.

Le Mod Pol

May 28, 2001, 1:53:16 PM5/28/01

Gary Lantz wrote:

> Authentic American <Big...@oilsludge.com> wrote in message
> > On 27 May 2001 06:47:48 -0700, mikey...@yahoo.com (Chuck Buckley)
> > wrote:
> >

> > >Of course, the question could always be turned around. How about this:
> > >
> > >If the United States was truly a democracy, could George W. Bush have
> > >become our President?
> >

> In a true Democracy Bill Clinton would easily have had a third term against

> the dimwitted Bush. Bush would have easily been shown the fool that he has
> always been.

For sure!

That makes me wonder about the Congress that
passed the two term amendment. What was its
composition?

Does a true democracy really exist in this world?

Ryan O'Rielley

May 28, 2001, 5:48:33 PM5/28/01

Chuck Buckley <mikey...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> George W. Bush lost the popular vote by well over a half a million
> ballots. By leaving the Southern Regional Party Jeffords has affirmed
> what a majority of the American people said when they voted against
> him last November; George W. Bush and his agenda are not fit to govern
> the United States of America.

Southern regional party??? Maybe you need to look at all the red on the map
again. Gore won in a few liberal areas, W won the rest.

Ryan O'Rielley

May 28, 2001, 5:58:34 PM5/28/01

Scott Nolan <sno...@cox.rr.com> wrote in message
> Gore did not lose Florida, it was stolen from him.
> Gore very probably did lose the nation... there is absolutely no excuse
for
> the election to have been close, that is Gore's fault... but once it was
> close, the powers that be could not resist stealing it outright.

I hope you aren't subject to random drug tests, because if you believe that
you are on something.

Explain how Gore was NEVER AHEAD in ANY OFFICIAL COUNT?

Again--- GORE LOST FLORIDA---GET OVER IT ALREADY!

--
Ryan O'Rilley

"Proudly Politically Incorrect on Usenet since 1991."

harrison numbugger

May 28, 2001, 6:27:52 PM5/28/01

Ryan O'Rielley wrote:

> Scott Nolan <sno...@cox.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Gore did not lose Florida, it was stolen from him.
> > Gore very probably did lose the nation... there is absolutely no excuse
> for
> > the election to have been close, that is Gore's fault... but once it was
> > close, the powers that be could not resist stealing it outright.
>
> I hope you aren't subject to random drug tests, because if you believe that
> you are on something.
>
> Explain how Gore was NEVER AHEAD in ANY OFFICIAL COUNT?

easy, all the official counts were manufactured by jeb and the dragon
lady

robx...@nowhere.com

May 28, 2001, 7:45:10 PM5/28/01
On Mon, 28 May 2001 18:27:52 -0400, harrison numbugger
<hnumb...@leftofcenter.net> wrote:

>Ryan O'Rielley wrote:
>>
>> Scott Nolan <sno...@cox.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > Gore did not lose Florida, it was stolen from him.
>> > Gore very probably did lose the nation... there is absolutely no excuse
>> for
>> > the election to have been close, that is Gore's fault... but once it was
>> > close, the powers that be could not resist stealing it outright.
>>
>> I hope you aren't subject to random drug tests, because if you believe that
>> you are on something.
>>
>> Explain how Gore was NEVER AHEAD in ANY OFFICIAL COUNT?
>
>easy, all the official counts were manufactured by jeb and the dragon
>lady

Evidence? Nah didn't think so...

Jim Riley

May 28, 2001, 9:56:33 PM5/28/01
On Sun, 27 May 2001 15:51:51 -0400, Le Mod Pol <mod...@espmail.com>
wrote:

> Of course Gramm crossed over in the
>House and then ran for the senate as a republican.

Gramm resigned his House seat 1983, and was then elected as a
Republican in a special election to fill the vacancy. He ran for the
Senate in 1984.

--
Jim Riley

Anna Maria

May 28, 2001, 11:42:32 PM5/28/01
Yep, Tom Dasshole has made a lot of stupid comments.

Gary Lantz

May 29, 2001, 7:28:22 AM5/29/01

Ryan O'Rielley <srd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

If the Bush count was that he won Florida by 600 votes and he also was
winning by large margins in the northwest part of Florida in the second time
zone, then he was always winning the votes in the first time zone and
Florida in the first time zone despite the Republican manipulation of the
Buchanan vote and the obstruction of the polls and registration.

Ron Thomas

May 30, 2001, 12:34:00 PM5/30/01

>>> Chuck Buckley<mikey...@yahoo.com> Monday, May 28, 2001
8:28:41 AM >>>

Of course, we should remember that bill clinton never
recieved more that 50% of the vote either, so why don't you
ever remind us of that?

Krow

May 30, 2001, 1:32:36 PM5/30/01

"Ron Thomas" <ep...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

He still got more than all his opponents...something Dumbya can't claim.

Krow

Chuck Buckley

May 30, 2001, 9:29:59 PM5/30/01
"Krow" <kro...@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<U8aR6.14603$F06.1...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>...

I think the use of the word "plurality" (as in: "He -Bush- couldn't
even put together a plurality") threw the poor Shrubling into a state
of cerebral arrest. Let's face it, for most so-called conservatives
anything beyond the "us good, them bad" level of reasoning is unknown
and threatening territory.

Ron Thomas

May 31, 2001, 11:07:00 AM5/31/01

>>> Chuck Buckley<mikey...@yahoo.com> Wednesday, May 30,
2001 7:29:59 PM >>>

Wow, That is interesting. Who is it that is always saying
things like "republicans want to kill the elderly" when
talking about SS. "REpblicans want to kill your children"
when talking about clean water and school lunches.
"Republicans want to have dirty air" when talking about the
polution standards? Democrats are the "us good, them bad"
party in the united states.
As for whoever said that the argument that we are a republic
and not a democracy is an excuse shows their lack of
understanding of the constitution, of the founding fathers
and all that they stood for. They set the government up
this way on purpose. If that argument is no good, then we
might as well throw away the whole document. Someone didn't
just wake up and say "oh, I think it should be done this way
for the hell of it" They deliberated many days to come up
with our form of government. Maybe you should go take a
history lesson. You are crying about this way too much. He
is our president, wether you like him or not. As I tell my
children, the big man will live with it and try to change
things legally. The baby will cry and whine about it. What
are you going to do?

Chuck Buckley

May 31, 2001, 9:00:56 PM5/31/01
Ron Thomas<ep...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<9f5mnd$1orn$1...@news.aros.net>...

Looks like someone has been sniffing the carpet cleaner again.