proxypublish to UStream

Wootalyzer

Oct 6, 2010, 3:35:19 PM10/6/10
to C++ RTMP Server
I have proxypublish working correctly pushing to Justin.TV and
LiveStream, but UStream is just giving me a headache. Immediately
after connection, the UStream server throws

<MAP name="__index__value__1" isArray="false">
<MAP name="application" isArray="false">
<STR name="reason">offline</STR>
</MAP>
<STR name="code">NetConnection.Connect.Rejected</STR>
<STR name="description">Connection failed.</STR>
<STR name="level">error</STR>
</MAP>

reason=offline? I don't even know what could possibly be causing that.
Broadcasting directly to UStream works correctly, and I've tried all
sorts of emulateUserAgents.

Any ideas? Someone must have this working, after all - UStream is
actually a sample in the proxypublish config!

C++ RTMP Server

Oct 6, 2010, 4:10:43 PM10/6/10
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us the config file as attachment?

Cheers,
Andrei

> You received this message because you are subscribed to "C++ RTMP Server" mailing list.
> c-rtmp-serve...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/c-rtmp-server?hl=en

------
Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie
Web: http://www.rtmpd.com

Wootalyzer

Oct 6, 2010, 4:16:12 PM10/6/10
to C++ RTMP Server
I literally took the stock rtmpserver.lua, uncommented the ustream
sample, and filled in my stream key. The only change made is:

targetServers =
{
{
targetUri="rtmp://1.1201457.fme.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/1201457",
targetStreamName="removedforemail",
localStreamName="gigi",
emulateUserAgent="FMLE/3.0",
--emulateUserAgent="FMLE/3.0 (compatible; FMSc/1.0 http://www.rtmpd.com)",
--emulateUserAgent="Wirecast/FM 1.0",
},
},
>  smime.p7s
> 5KViewDownload

C++ RTMP Server

Oct 6, 2010, 4:21:42 PM10/6/10
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 6, 2010, at 11:16 PM, Wootalyzer wrote:

> I literally took the stock rtmpserver.lua, uncommented the ustream
> sample, and filled in my stream key. The only change made is:
>
> targetServers =
> {
> {
> targetUri="rtmp://1.1201457.fme.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/1201457",
> targetStreamName="removedforemail",
> localStreamName="gigi",

You have to publish a stream name called gigi for it to work. Only that stream will be pushed forward

Wootalyzer

Oct 6, 2010, 4:26:17 PM10/6/10
to C++ RTMP Server
Yes, I am publishing on gigi. As I stated, I've already been able to
successfully republish off to justin.tv and LiveStream using this
method. UStream is the only one throwing that stubborn error.

I've been working on this all day (actually switched from FMS to
crtmpd because FMS wouldn't allow me to emulate user agents).

On Oct 6, 3:21 pm, C++ RTMP Server <crtmpser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2010, at 11:16 PM, Wootalyzer wrote:
>
> > I literally took the stock rtmpserver.lua, uncommented the ustream
> > sample, and filled in my stream key. The only change made is:
>
> > targetServers =
> > {
> >    {
> >            targetUri="rtmp://1.1201457.fme.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/1201457",
> >            targetStreamName="removedforemail",
> >            localStreamName="gigi",
>
> You have to publish a stream name called gigi for it to work. Only that stream will be pushed forward
>

> >            emulateUserAgent="FMLE/3.0",
> >            --emulateUserAgent="FMLE/3.0 (compatible; FMSc/1.0http://www.rtmpd.com)",
>  smime.p7s
> 5KViewDownload

C++ RTMP Server

Oct 6, 2010, 5:22:39 PM10/6/10
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Now is working. Fixed in the last rev.
Please take a look at this ticket as well (just to be aware of the bug). It was created by me

http://trac.rtmpd.com/ticket/13

Cheers,
Andrei

Sonic SNES

Oct 6, 2010, 6:15:07 PM10/6/10
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
You, good sir, are now the most amazing person in the world.
Thank you so much for helping me solve this 24-hour user-agent issue!

-- SonicSNES