excessive paths in urls

1 view

Michal Ludvig

Dec 19, 2008, 7:23:23 AM12/19/08
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup ByteFlow on Lighttpd with the help of Benjamin
Smith's post: http://just-another.net/2008/05/13/im-spentand-apology/

It sort of works except for one little thing - all the URLs generated by
ByteFlow engine start with /byteflow.fcgi/blog/. Even the back link to
the blog homepage is /byteflow.fcgi/blog/ instead of just /blog.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of that 'blog/' part as well and have all
the blog contents right under /, but even with /blog it's all right.
However /byteflow.fcgi/blog is just too much and it doesn't work either.

Can I remove that somehow? I went through the settings_local.py and
settings.py several times and can't find anything obvious in there.

The site is at http://hintshop.ludvig.co.nz if you wanna have a look at
what it's doing.

Thanks!

Michal

Alexander Solovyov

Dec 19, 2008, 7:32:43 AM12/19/08
to byteflo...@googlegroups.com

You can remove 'blog/' part by setting BLOG_URLCONF_ROOT = '' in your
local settings, but removal of 'byteflow.fcgi/' should be done by your
httpd.

This is rather easy in Apache, but I forgot how to do that. :-(

--
Alexander