Identification of Shreeshadeva

Anil Kumar Acharya

Jun 12, 2013, 1:37:55 PM6/12/13
to bvparishat
Respected Scholars,
Namaste.
I am  working on the text Sivamritasarasamuccaya/Saivamritasarasamuccaya of Shreeshadeva of Gauda. Introducing himself the author has mentioned a verse at the beginning of the text, which reads: rājye gauḍamahībhujāṁ saḥ bhavat kośādhikārī paraḥ, prātrāṇāṁ budhadeva ityupacito bhūlokakalpadrumaḥ| tasmād gautama vāmadevatanayo lebhe padaṁ paitryakaṁ, jajñe bhūtanirandhakaḥ śivaparaḥ śrīśobhidevastataḥ||3||. And, to my understanding, the meaning of the verse is - ‘in the kingdom of the Gauḍa king he, i. e. Budhadeva, was the chief treasurer who was endowed with all good qualities and was a ‘all fulfilling tree’ in this earth; then comes Gautama, the son of Vāmadeva, who occupies the post of his father; and you all should know Śrīśadeva, the enlightener of all creatures and a devotee of Siva, as the next’. Thus, could anyone provide me some more clues about the identification of this author of Gauda, i.e. West Bengal.
Thanks in advance.

--
Dr. Anil Kumar Acharya
Assistant Professor,