Manorama kucha mardanam

Krishnamurthi CG

Jun 20, 2013, 1:13:32 PM6/20/13
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Priya Vidvaamsah,

I'm looking for Sri. Jagannatha Pandita's Manorama Kucha Mardanam - is it possible to get a copy - ebook -PDF /unicode, Or even as a book - please guide.

Warm regards
CG Krishnamurthi

Pankaj Vyas

Jun 20, 2013, 5:15:30 PM6/20/13
to cgkm...@gmail.com, bvpar...@googlegroups.com

Sir,
Pranamas.
U can get it from Chaukhamba orietalia, Varanasi. Chaukhamba orietalia published it with Laghushabdaratna and Jyotsana commentaries (avyayibhavanta). But kuchmardani is available up to panchsandhyanta itself as parishishtha bhaga.
With regards

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Vyas
Asst. Professor in Vyakarana,
Haryana Sanskrit Vidyapeetha,
Baghola - Palwal dist. (Haryana)
121102
Ph. No. - 9896901818
9355459990

--
निराशीर्निर्ममो भूत्वा युध्यस्व विगतज्वरः।। (भ.गी.)
---

Hnbhat B.R.

Jun 21, 2013, 12:23:10 AM6/21/13
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Krishnamurthi CG <cgkm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Priya Vidvaamsah,

I'm looking for Sri. Jagannatha Pandita's Manorama Kucha Mardanam - is it possible to get a copy - ebook -PDF /unicode, Or even as a book - please guide.

I think the title of the commentary by Jagannatha Bhatta on Praudhamanorama is properly called प्रौढमनोरमाकुचमर्दिनी and not कुचमर्दनम्।

Scholars may correct me if I am wrong. Pankaj Vyas has replied about the availability of the book. The availability online in ebook may be searched through Google Search as well or in DLI or archive.org

Pankaj Vyas

Jun 21, 2013, 2:10:54 AM6/21/13
to hnbh...@gmail.com, cgkm...@gmail.com, bvpar...@googlegroups.com

Respected Sir,
"kuchamardini & kuchamardanam" both r correct as I think. I saw both vyavahara with this commentary.
Kuchamardini is correct in the sense of "Vyakhya or Tika"
and Kuchamardanam may be in the sense of "Vyakhyanam"

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Vyas
Asst. Professor in Vyakarana,
Haryana Sanskrit Vidyapeetha,
Baghola - Palwal dist. (Haryana)
121102
Ph. No. - 9896901818
9355459990

Hnbhat B.R.

Jun 21, 2013, 3:18:10 AM6/21/13
to Vyaspankaj Vyas, cgkm...@gmail.com, bvpar...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Pankaj Vyas <pkv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Respected Sir,
"kuchamardini & kuchamardanam" both r correct as I think. I saw both vyavahara with this commentary.
Kuchamardini is correct in the sense of "Vyakhya or Tika"
and Kuchamardanam may be in the sense of "Vyakhyanam"

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Vyas
Asst. Professor in Vyakarana,
Haryana Sanskrit Vidyapeetha,
Baghola - Palwal dist. (Haryana)
121102
Ph. No. - 9896901818
9355459990

It is not the correctness of the two names, but the proper name given to the commentary by Jagannatha or in the available records. I made a search with both the names and found only one publication in KDSS No.34 Edited with Hindi Commentary, with "kucamardana" against the other "kucamardini" in other records. Hence the doubt. And not the grammatical correctness of the two words. Anyhow both seem to be fairly used as you have suggested. I wanted to confirm any one of the title given by Jagannatha himself.

Thank you for the information.