bvhacker 1.7 crashes on .bvh file open

Aaron

Jul 18, 2010, 7:10:12 PM7/18/10
to bvhacker
Hi,

I'm running Win7 32-bit. I can launch bvhacker 1.7 and it appears to
run fine until I attempt to open a .bvh file, at which point the
program crashes. I've tried several different files which work fine
when imported into Blender, but they all cause bvhacker to crash.

davedub

Jul 18, 2010, 11:51:22 PM7/18/10
to bvhacker
Hi Aaron,

Let's see what can be done here.

First, a few of questions:

1) Do you have all the latest service packs / updates installed for
Win7 32-bit?
2) When you installed bvhacker, did you run the 'setup.exe' file or
the 'bvhacker.msi' file?
3) Are you opening the bvh files from the desktop?

Assuming you have all the latest updates / service packs, you
installed using setup.exe and you are not opening the files from the
desktop, then please could you send me a sample bvh file that crashes
bvhacker so I can test it. I have sent you a private email with this
message so you will have my email address.

Kind Regards,

Davedub

Pinkie Finger

Jul 19, 2010, 12:43:55 AM7/19/10
to bvha...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

I hope someone more knowledgeable than myself answers this also.

The first time I had that happen to me was when I installed 1.7 using the windows installer file vs the .exe file. I went back and uninstalled everything and reinstalled with the .exe file.

Now i will say there are also some files i just have not been able to get bvhacker to open at all, but those i wasnt able to get anything else to open either.

Crossing my fingers

Aprilmae

TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if5
Capture screenshots, upload images, edit and send them to your friends
through IMs, post on Twitter®, Facebook®, MySpace™, LinkedIn® – FAST!

Message has been deleted

davedub

Jul 19, 2010, 1:43:03 AM7/19/10
to bvhacker
Hi all,

Ah, found the problem!

The file you sent me was made on a nasty old Apple Mac. Mac's use a
different line ending to PCs, so bvhacker couldn't read them.

I will be able to fix this in a future release, but for now there is a
quick, easy workaround. We simply open the files in a text editor,
then save them again using the correct line endings. You will need to
download textpad to do this - it's a free download available here:
http://www.textpad.com/download/

1) Open your bvh file in textpad
2) Chose 'Save As' from the file menu, and save the file with PC
encoding selected in the dropdown menu instead of Mac (see this image
http://groups.google.com/group/bvhacker/web/mac_encoding_conversion.jpg)
. Also, make sure you save it as a bvh file, not a txt file.

That's it, the file will now load in bvhacker.

Kind Regards,

:-Davedub

On Jul 19, 11:43 am, Pinkie Finger <pin...@inbox.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I hope someone more knowledgeable than myself answers this also.
>
> The first time I had that happen to me was when I installed 1.7 using the windows installer file vs the .exe file. I went back and uninstalled everything and reinstalled with the .exe file.
>
> Now i will say there are also some files i just have not been able to get bvhacker to open at all, but those i wasnt able to get anything else to open either.
>
> Crossing my fingers
>
> Aprilmae

Aaron

Jul 22, 2010, 11:56:25 PM7/22/10