Fwd: Emailing: DSC09854.JPG, DSC09860.JPG, DSC09861.JPG, DSC09830.JPG, DSC09832.JPG, DSC09835.JPG, DSC09849.JPG, DSC09853.JPG

Stuart Lynne

Dec 29, 2008, 2:49:50 PM12/29/08
to bvc-d...@googlegroups.com
I made a quick visit to the Velodrome this morning and got some pictures.

The roof has collapsed, there was a power failure on Boxing day, about 8:00PM and the snow load at that time was enough to bring it down very quickly once the fans where off.

There are various holes, mostly it appears  right above the BVC office. The snow pushed the gyproc off the top rail and then the 2x6 uprights just pushed right through the roof. Also a couple of holes along the home stretch due to (I think) the board the clock was on that stuck up fairly high.

Some of the cables on the roof have also pulled out of their sleeves.

There is additional damage to the top rail, again mostly gyproc off etc, along the back straight. It is currently not possible to check if there is any damage to the track itself.

Volleyball BC is on site with some additional people to try and get the water pumped off the roof. There is still a bunch of snow on it as well, and that will have to be melted before they can inflate.

I had a brief chat with Tom Caverly (Exec Director for Volleyball BC). He says probably 3-5 weeks at least to get everything cleaned up.

He also said that they could use some help if anyone would like to pickup a little spare cash over the next week. Mostly moving pumps around and helping with cleanup.

--
__________O___________
_______-\<,____________

Sebastian Padysz

Dec 29, 2008, 4:16:52 PM12/29/08
to bvc-d...@googlegroups.com
Crazy! I was very excited to get back in on wednesday...

Who can people contact to help out?

Seb.

<DSC09854.JPG>
<DSC09860.JPG>
<DSC09861.JPG>
<DSC09830.JPG>
<DSC09832.JPG>
<DSC09835.JPG>
<DSC09849.JPG>
<DSC09853.JPG>

brandon

Dec 29, 2008, 5:13:58 PM12/29/08
to bvc-d...@googlegroups.com
Anyone interested in helping out can contact me and I will direct your information onto those in charge of the clean up.

Brandon

stuart lynne

Dec 29, 2008, 5:29:18 PM12/29/08
to bvc-d...@googlegroups.com
Tom Caverly, execdi...@volleyballbc.ca 604-291-2007

He said anyone who wants to help can just show up in the morning...
Stuart_Lynne____<stuart...@gmail.com>____604-461-7532