I've spent the past day going through the new BuddyPress 1.5 source code and
it looks like they've made some *huge* changes to the BuddyPress core. The
changes I've found so far
a) break all our templates
b) break one of our two primary hook functions
c) break our menu injection functions
Unfortunately, there's no high-level documentation for how the new BP
architecture works, and knowing the BP team, its unlikely there ever will
I think probably the easiest way to nail this one is to see what the
BuddyPress core devs are doing in their own plugins, and emulate it. So,
I've got an assignment for you:
1) Find every *buddypress* plugin that the core devs have written and
2) Create a new WP install from scratch, and load BuddyPress 1.5 on to it.
3) Install the plugins *one at a time* and see which ones work.
4) Create a LIST of the ones that work. Post it on our Google Code site to
help the community keep track of which plugins are compatible.
5) Of the plugins that DO work, pick the five best that actually "do cool
things", go through the source code, and find anything that's useful or
cool. Note the plugin, file, and line numbers. Post this info to our email
6) After I've reviewed your page of working plugins on the Google Code site,
I'll give you the go-ahead to post a link to it on the plugin discussion
thread on buddypress.org.
I need all this done within 24 hours. Msg me if you hit any snags ...I'm
still working full-speed re-spinning 0.1.8.11 into OOP code for 0.1.9 next