Webinar on tech training next week! Post your questions and ideas.

Elliot Harmon

Feb 1, 2011, 5:43:41 PM2/1/11
to broadb...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Next Wednesday, February 9, TechSoup for Libraries will be hosting a free webinar called Designing and Delivering Technology Workshops. Stephanie Gerding and Brenda Hough will be discussing tips for organizing and presenting a technology training session. Find more information and sign up for the webinar here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/g6f6zpxp04ze

The webinar is free, but space is limited, so be sure to sign up right away.

In our study of BTOP grantees, we've learned that training is a big issue on everyone's minds. How do you create a session that meets the needs of new broadband users? How do you run a class that works for participants at multiple skill levels? What's the right balance between a formal classroom setting and informal, one-on-one mentoring? What's been your experience with volunteer or accidental trainers?

We'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas, problems, and challenges. If there are particular topics or questions you'd like to see covered in next week's webinar, please send those along too.

Cheers,
Elliot

--
Elliot Harmon