[announce] brix 1.1.0 released

1 view

Igor Vaynberg

Mar 7, 2010, 1:07:10 AM3/7/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
i have just built and uploaded 1.1.0 to brix maven repo.

here is the changelog:
http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3AFixedIn-1.1

cheers

-igor

Korbinian

Mar 7, 2010, 5:33:45 AM3/7/10
to brix-cms-discuss
Hey Igor,

what else can I do than say: Thank you and the rest of the team for
this great work!

Brix is really one of the best things one should look at if he is in
the Java world and in need for Web-CMS functionality!

Best & Many thanks,

Korbinian

On 7 Mrz., 07:07, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have just built and uploaded 1.1.0 to brix maven repo.
>

> here is the changelog:http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3AFixedIn...
>
> cheers
>
> -igor

rossputin

Mar 7, 2010, 12:35:49 PM3/7/10
to brix-cms-discuss
Great stuff Igor.

Looking forward to using it in a platform rewrite at work !

-- Ross

On Mar 7, 6:07 am, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have just built and uploaded 1.1.0 to brix maven repo.
>

> here is the changelog:http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3AFixedIn...
>
> cheers
>
> -igor

Brian Topping

Mar 7, 2010, 5:51:07 PM3/7/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
Agreeing with previous sentiments, of course. Great work on this guys!

It was funny, last night I was digging through trying to use the Menu plugin to generate popdowns and thought I screwed up my CSS (I suck at HTML). But then realized that the items stopped rendering. There are two menu renderers now, and somehow I must have had the old renderer installed until the end of the evening. Does that sound correct? Just trying to give a word of warning to others if so.

Other than that, has anyone used the menu plugin to generate breadcrumbs? Seems like it should be possible.

Cheers, Brian

Igor Vaynberg

Mar 7, 2010, 7:14:19 PM3/7/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
correct. the reason the second renderer was added was to be able to
generate dropdowns :)

cheers,

-igor

Brian Topping

Mar 7, 2010, 7:16:55 PM3/7/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
I just updated it so it would allow for the menu parents to be set as selected too. (if you want a demo, please email me privately).

haiko van der Schaaf

Mar 8, 2010, 4:48:29 AM3/8/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
Great work.

Can't wait to update my demo site of Brix.

Best,

Haiko

2010/3/7 rossputin <ross...@gmail.com>

> cheers
>
> -igor

http://www.cybersnippet.nl/

Brian Topping

Mar 8, 2010, 8:52:24 AM3/8/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
The one thing I noticed that we still have time to update is that the POMs were set to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.  I think these ought to be 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT, but didn't have time in the moment to fix them.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, B

Ben Hutchison

Mar 8, 2010, 6:18:17 PM3/8/10
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Korbinian <korbini...@googlemail.com> wrote:
what else can I do than say: Thank you and the rest of the team for
this great work!

Brix is really one of the best things one should look at if he is in
the Java world and in need for Web-CMS functionality!

I'm also very impressed with Brix. What Im struck by is the quality and consistency of its code and architecture: Ive seen many open source projects where the feature list or UI look great, but the underlying code is a mess, or a patchwork of different styles and approaches, depending upon who wrote each part. Brix (like Wicket) stands out in this regard.

Right now, whats challenging for me as a user is the lack of docs, examples and tutorial content on JCR integration, Brix customization and extension, but I expect that will come with time.

-Ben

Venkatt

Mar 8, 2010, 11:43:36 PM3/8/10
to brix-cms-discuss
On Mar 8, 6:18 pm, Ben Hutchison <brhutchi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Congratulations Igor and everyone who's worked hard at getting version
1.1.0 out. In response to Ben Hutchinson's comment, I do have to agree
that there is little documentation on Brix-cms. Hopefully, I can help
with that with my exploration of using Brix this past month.

Here's my first installment of documenting on how to setup two
instances of Brix talking to a Jackrabbit cluster persisted onto a H2
Database. Hopefully this can guide others on setting this up in their
production environments.

Link to the article:
http://mythinkpond.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/how-to-setup-brix-cms-with-apache-jackrabbit-as-a-cluster-part-1-of-3/

I will try to get the second and third installments of the document in
the next few days.

Cheers

Venkatt Guhesan

Patrick Angeles

Mar 9, 2010, 9:30:20 AM3/9/10
to brix-cms...@googlegroups.com
Nice blog, Venkatt!

Korbinian

Mar 9, 2010, 11:45:23 AM3/9/10
to brix-cms-discuss
Igor, can you please add a link to this blogpost into the Wiki? Maybe
a new page called "Resources" or "Tips & Tricks"?

Best

> >http://mythinkpond.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/how-to-setup-brix-cms-wit...

> > I will try to get the second and third installments of the document in
> > the next few days.
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Venkatt Guhesan
>
> > --