Could Bots support sftp?

BikeMike

Jul 16, 2009, 10:27:07 PM7/16/09
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Hi henk-jan
One of our partners wants us to use sftp to get files from them. I
have done a bit of research and it seems this might be complex, but I
don't understand python or ssh well enough to know where to start...

I noticed a mention of this in comments at the top of
communication.py...
#sftp/ssh/telnet: putty/paramiko

I assume this is something you have already considered then? Is it a
future plan or too hard?

Kind regards
Mike

hjeb...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2009, 7:49:21 AM7/17/09
to bots...@googlegroups.com
Hi MIke,

there is no standard support in python for SFTP.
paramiko is a python library that supports SFTP.
when I looked at it, use did non seem too hard.

you could use the option to use might want to use the 'user
communication scripts'-option.

paramiko is a python solution. There are more solution, eg using
OpenSSH, putty, cURL.
all of these could be used by a user communication script.
in fact, that is why I made it possible to have user scriptable
communication.

advantage of eg OpenSSH is that it is a very 'proven' solution with good
documentation.

(btw, there is SFTP and FTPS, which is confusing)

kind regards,
henk-jan