An initial version of the boto.dynamodb module is now available in the
master branch on github. This is still under development but is ready for
testing and review. A few notes:
- The Amazon DynamoDB module is implemented in two layers, Layer1 and
- Layer1 is very low-level, maps 1:1 with the underlying API requests
and requires all parameters to be Python equivalents of the JSON data
structures defined in the API.
- Layer2 is higher-level and tries to hid most of those details.
- Layer1 is complete and, aside from bugs, probably won't change much.
- Layer2 is still evolving, is missing a few things, and will likely
change a lot based on feedback.
- Right now, the best documentation is the unit tests for each layer,
which can be found in boto/tests/dynamodb/
I'll be making quite a few more commits over the next day or two but for
those of you who are eager to try out this new service, I encourage you to
dive in and help in the process of defining how this module should work.