Initial support for Amazon DynamoDB now in github

Mitchell Garnaat

Jan 18, 2012, 5:44:44 PM1/18/12
to boto-users
Hi -

An initial version of the boto.dynamodb module is now available in the master branch on github.  This is still under development but is ready for testing and review.  A few notes:
  • The Amazon DynamoDB module is implemented in two layers, Layer1 and Layer2.
  • Layer1 is very low-level, maps 1:1 with the underlying API requests and requires all parameters to be Python equivalents of the JSON data structures defined in the API.
  • Layer2 is higher-level and tries to hid most of those details.
  • Layer1 is complete and, aside from bugs, probably won't change much.
  • Layer2 is still evolving, is missing a few things, and will likely change a lot based on feedback.
  • Right now, the best documentation is the unit tests for each layer, which can be found in boto/tests/dynamodb/
I'll be making quite a few more commits over the next day or two but for those of you who are eager to try out this new service, I encourage you to dive in and help in the process of defining how this module should work.

Mitch