[Boston Haskell] Thursday, September 29th, 7-9pm in the MIT CSAIL Reading Room

Edward Kmett

Sep 21, 2011, 1:13:24 AM9/21/11
to BostonHaskell
The next Boston Haskell meeting will be Thursday, September 29th from 7pm to 9pm at our usual location, the MIT CSAIL Reading Room (32-G882, which is a room on the 8th floor of the Gates Tower of the MIT's Stata Center at 32 Vassar St in Cambridge, MA).

Keegan McAllister will be giving an introductory talk about why you should care about Haskell. If you have been wondering why you should learn Haskell, or have friends who are Haskell-curious, but have yet to take the plunge, this would be a great talk to use to introduce them to Haskell.

In case you already know why you should use Haskell, following Keegan's talk, Reid Barton will be giving a talk about a category theoretic approach to version control. The stark contrast -- if nothing else -- should serve to highlight how deep the rabbit hole goes. =)

There will be refreshments provided during the break and of course, if you'd like to stick around, a number of us tend to head down to the CBC afterwards and socialize. http://www.cambrew.com/

-Edward

Rishiyur Nikhil

Sep 21, 2011, 1:20:41 AM9/21/11
to boston...@googlegroups.com, ekm...@gmail.com
Fyi: Simon Peyton Jones and Simon Marlow have been awarded the 2011 ACM SIGPLAN award for Software,
for their work on GHC.  Here's a picture of Simon PJ reminiscing about ghc development, at last night's ICFP 2011
banquet, here in Tokyo.

Nikhil (from the ICFP meeting room, in Tokyo)

IMG_20110920_212420.jpg