Subversion in JBuilder 2005 Foundation Release 4

1 view

CaptnTony

Mar 15, 2006, 6:35:01 PM3/15/06
I have a website that says that SVN is supported under all editions of
JBuilder 2005
(http://info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder2005/teamdev/subvsn_0intro.html).

However, all I see CVS is the only option that my installation *sees*.

The only item in the "Team/Select Project VCS..." is None and CVS. How am I
suppose to get SVN to show up (I've already added it to the Windows PATH and
restarted JBuilder).

thanks in advance

--
Todd Frahm
Manager - Software Engineering

Bill Joy

Mar 15, 2006, 8:45:19 PM3/15/06
It's a known bug that the dialog for JB 2005 Foundation to configure the
Team VCS integration has the Subversion choice grayed out.

There is a workaround which is a fairly inconvenient -- it would be better
to download the JB 2006 Enterprise Trial and use that instead. (It will
eventually expire to a Foundation license.)

"CaptnTony" <Capt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

dingfelder

Apr 4, 2006, 12:38:45 AM4/4/06

Bill, Unfortunately, this (Installing the enterprise version to get the foundation) leaves you with a big disk hog, since all the old functionality is still there but disabled. Also, those of us with limited isp access are not able to download such a big app.

Additionally, I would not be suprised if the disabled enterprise version used more memory as well, but I can not confirm that, I'm just guessing.

I'm quite dissapointed that Borland made the choice to not offer a trial version of developer or a downloadable copy of foundation... I spend the $ on developer last year after downloading the trial, but I am unable to try the 2006 version so I will not be purchasing it.

Perhaps the new company will make more sensable marketing decisions... I have always preferred borland products so I hope things get back on track soon :)