Joke

Iman L Crawford

Jul 12, 2001, 4:02:39 PM7/12/01
What's the difference between a fairy tale, and a texas tall tale?

--
Iman
"Tragedy is when I stub my toe.

Iman L Crawford

Jul 12, 2001, 4:04:13 PM7/12/01
ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com (Iman L Crawford) wrote in
<Xns90DC9A03D...@207.105.83.65>:

>What's the difference between a fairy tale, and a texas tall tale?

A fairy tale begins:
Once upon a time

and a texas tall tale:
Ya'll sombitches ain't gonna believe this

HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

Rudy Velthuis

Jul 12, 2001, 4:12:31 PM7/12/01
In article <Xns90DC9A478...@207.105.83.65>,
ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com (Iman L Crawford) says...

> A fairy tale begins:
> Once upon a time
>
> and a texas tall tale:
> Ya'll sombitches ain't gonna believe this
>
> HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

Probably not the only one, but you'll be in very select company.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

Jeff Rhodes

Jul 12, 2001, 4:14:24 PM7/12/01
> What's the difference between a fairy tale, and a Texas tall tale?

I believe that's the end of the chain that is attached to the ferry and to
the winch-pulled overhead cable. Were it not for this ferry tail, it would
take longer for me to get back to the German Black Forest Cake after my fill
of the French Flame Cakes across that there Rhine River. <g>

Jeff

Robert Low

Jul 12, 2001, 5:45:37 PM7/12/01
Iman L Crawford wrote:

> What's the difference between a fairy tale, and a texas tall tale?

One begins "Once upon a time ..." and the other begins "Now,
this is no shit ..." ??

Bob ;-)

Robert Low

Jul 12, 2001, 5:50:00 PM7/12/01
Iman L Crawford wrote:

> ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com (Iman L Crawford) wrote in
> <Xns90DC9A03D...@207.105.83.65>:
>
> >What's the difference between a fairy tale, and a texas tall tale?
> >

> A fairy tale begins:
> Once upon a time
>
> and a texas tall tale:
> Ya'll sombitches ain't gonna believe this
>
> HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

Well, it won't break any ribs ... but it's good for a guffaw
or two!

Bob ;-)

Robert Low

Jul 12, 2001, 5:48:13 PM7/12/01

Oh, sorry. Confused a texas tall tale with a sea story
<blush!>

Bob ;-)

Ernest Fairchild

Jul 12, 2001, 6:44:47 PM7/12/01
<ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com (Iman L Crawford)> wrote in message

> A fairy tale begins:
> Once upon a time
>
> and a texas tall tale:
> Ya'll sombitches ain't gonna believe this
>
> HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets into a
car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

Have a great day!

Ernest
(efair...@home.com)
_____________________
"Don't worry so much. Everything is going to happen anyway."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

RalphF

Jul 13, 2001, 3:04:01 AM7/13/01
to rft...@utanet.at
Iman,

in article <Xns90DC9A478...@207.105.83.65>, you wrote:

> HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

yup.

---
Regards
Ralph
---

Michael Warner

Jul 13, 2001, 3:48:06 AM7/13/01
On 12 Jul 2001 13:04:13 -0700, ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com (Iman L
Crawford) wrote:

>HA! or am I the only one that thinks that's funny?

Hark, a pin dropping!

Michael Warner

Jul 13, 2001, 4:08:05 AM7/13/01
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:44:47 -0700, "Ernest Fairchild"
<efair...@home.com> wrote:

>And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets into a
>car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

Now that's funny.

Robert Claffie

Jul 13, 2001, 9:24:49 AM7/13/01
From: "Ernest Fairchild" <efair...@home.com>

>And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets
into a
>car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

Now THAT'S funny!

rob :)
--
Robert Claffie Jr.
Programmer/Analyst

Iman L Crawford

Jul 13, 2001, 9:25:40 AM7/13/01
"Ernest Fairchild" <efair...@home.com> wrote in <3b4e271d$1_1@dnews>:

>And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets
>into a car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

heh, I was think of Hold my beer, awwwwww sshhheeeeiiiitttte.

Kirt

Jul 13, 2001, 10:11:02 AM7/13/01
Ernest Fairchild wrote:

> And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets into a
> car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

sounds like a hoosier to me.
(by the way, i only live here. i'm a kentuckian by birth. <g>)

Rudy Velthuis

Jul 13, 2001, 11:39:55 AM7/13/01
In article <3b4e271d$1_1@dnews>, Ernest Fairchild says...

> And did you know what is the last thing said just before a Texan gets into a
> car accident? "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

LOL!

--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

Michael Warner

Jul 13, 2001, 11:45:57 AM7/13/01
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:24:49 -0400, Robert Claffie
<rcla...@benefitconceptsinc.com> wrote:

>Now THAT'S funny!

The Russian version would be "hold my vodka bottle and check out what
this button does" ;-)

Ernest Fairchild

Jul 13, 2001, 5:49:38 PM7/13/01
"Kirt" <ki...@acsplus.com> wrote in message

I think I originally heard it in reference to Alabamans, but it fits with
Texans, too. Or Kentuckians <g>.