Custom cursor shadow

Mike Lischke

Feb 19, 2002, 2:28:34 PM2/19/02
Hi all,

it seems to be that only cursors that are managed by the OS get a shadow (Win2K+). However I've got
a lot of own cursors I'd like to have a shadow when used. Does anybody know what I have to enable to
get custom cursor shadows?

Ciao, Mike
--
Delphi Gems: http://delphigems.lischke-online.de
Delphi Unicode Center: http://www.delphi-unicode.net

Angus Johnson

Feb 19, 2002, 5:32:07 PM2/19/02
Hi Milke.

I suspect that the shadow has to be part of the cursor image (by hatched
gray and transparent pixels in the intended shadow region).

Angus

"Mike Lischke" <pub...@lischke-online.de> wrote in message

KSG

Feb 21, 2002, 10:31:54 AM2/21/02
Mike,

Check this out
http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorxp/

Kevin

"Mike Lischke" <pub...@lischke-online.de> wrote in message

Mike Lischke

Feb 21, 2002, 3:01:14 PM2/21/02
Kevin,

Thank you for the hint, but I have already solved the problem by creating several cursor images (one
including an alpha channel for XP and W2K).

Rob Kennedy

Feb 22, 2002, 11:15:23 AM2/22/02

> I have already solved the problem by creating several cursor images (one
> including an alpha channel for XP and W2K).

And how'd you do that?

--
Rob

Mike Lischke

Feb 22, 2002, 2:23:07 PM2/22/02
> And how'd you do that?

What? Creating several cursor images, creating a drop shadow?

For both I used Microangelo (www.impactsoft.com).