Feeding user name and password to secure web page

Alain Quesnel

Jan 1, 2005, 11:14:12 AM1/1/05
I'm trying to prevent the user name and password prompt from appearing in
the the MSIE activeX component when I display a secure (https) web page
inside my application. I have the user name and password available in my
application.

Has anyone ever done that?

Thank you,

--

Alain Quesnel
alains...@logiquel.com

www.logiquel.com

Pascal Chapuis

Jan 3, 2005, 6:56:11 AM1/3/05

1) Download TEmbeddedWB (euromind) and his integrated "IServiceProvider"
implementation.
2) Implement "IAuthenticate" interface :

// IAuthenticate
TMyAuth = class(TInterfacedObject,IAuthenticate)
public
function Authenticate(var hwnd: HWnd; var szUserName, szPassWord:
LPWSTR): HResult; stdcall;
end;

function TMyAuth.Authenticate(var hwnd: HWnd; var szUserName, szPassWord:
LPWSTR): HResult; stdcall;
begin
// test
szUserName:='MyLogin';
szPassWord:='MyPwd';
Result:=S_OK;
end;

3) In the form with EmbeddedWB in "QueryService" event return your own
IAuthenticate implementation :

function TForm1.EmbeddedWB1QueryService(const rsid, iid: TGUID;
out Obj: IInterface): HRESULT;
begin
Result:=E_NOINTERFACE;
// IAuthenticate test ?
if IsEqualGUID(iid,IID_IAuthenticate) then // cf. URLMon.pas for IID_...
begin
obj:=TMyAuth.Create as IAuthenticate; // My Auth...
Result:=S_OK;
end
end;

4) Test it :

4.1) Navigate "about:blank" for interface service init...
4.2) Navigate to the secure site. Your IAuthenticate implementation
should be called.

Ref :
http://groups.google.com/groups?lr=&frame=right&th=5d928e0e602e283d&seekm=%237%24CfCriEHA.556%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl#link2
--

Pascal Chapuis

"Alain Quesnel" <alains...@logiquel.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 41d6cc56$1...@newsgroups.borland.com...

Alain Quesnel

Jan 4, 2005, 10:14:33 AM1/4/05
Thank you for the reply. Could you check the URL on google that you gave me?
Doesn't seem to work.

http://groups.google.com/groups?lr=&frame=right&th=5d928e0e602e283d&seekm=%237%24CfCriEHA.556%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl#link2

Alain Quesnel
alains...@logiquel.com

www.logiquel.com

"Pascal Chapuis" <Chapuis...@DELETETHISTiscali.fr> wrote in message

Pascal Chapuis

Jan 5, 2005, 2:43:59 AM1/5/05
Salut Alain,

The previous url, works fine for me. Here's another google view from the
same thread :
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%237%24CfCriEHA.556%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl
This is the Igor Tandetnik point of view from ms.webbrowser_ctl newsgroup
regarding the authenticate process...

Pascal
http://chapsandchips.chez.tiscali.fr/

"Alain Quesnel" <alains...@logiquel.com> a écrit dans le message de