Where can I find icons for VCL components?

andy gimblett

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
Hi there,

I'd like to be able to use certain VCL component icons as the basis for
my own component icons. Unfortunately, I can't find any .dcr, .res,
.ico, or .bmp, files with the icons in it. Can anyone help? Are they
available online anywhere?

For that matter, are there any freely available icon sets out there? I
don't want to spend ages over my icons, but it would be nice to have
something decent looking to base them on. :-)

Cheers,

Andy

Jeff Overcash

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
They are stored in the design time packages. You can use the resource
explorer in the demos directory to look at and save off resources from
dlls (which is all a package really is). The design time packages are
in the bin directory and mostly start with dclxxx.bpl.

Jeff Overcash

andy gimblett

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
Excellent. I'll look into it first thing tomorrow. :-)

Many thanks Jeff!

Cheers,

Andy

Dan Thomas

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
Another thing you can do is hit Alt+PrintScreen to capture a screen-shot of
the bitmap in question, then paste it into a picture editor and get the
bitmap that way. Unfortunately this does not include the "disabled" bitmap
also. But you can probably also capture that one and paste the 2 of them
together.

-Dan
--
NOTE: When replying to my e-mail address, replace the obvious with apollorx.

andy gimblett

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
Hi guys,

OK, I used the resource explorer this morning to extract the bitmaps from all
of the dclxxx.bpl files in bin. Thanks for the pointer!

The resource editor doesn't support mulitple selection or drag-and-drop
(hmmm, a project for the future...), so it was a pretty tedious task. If
anyone out there would like to get hold of these bitmaps but doesn't want to
experience that tedium, feel free to drop me a line and I'll send 'em to you
(63k .zip)... Unless someone at Borland jumps on me for breach of copyright,
anyway. :-)

I'd put them up on my website, but... I don't have one. ;-)

Thanks again!