viewing PDF with adobe if only the reader is installed

Kerry Frater

Mar 6, 2007, 5:44:27 AM3/6/07
Can someone point me in the right direction.

I am looking to view a pdf inside my applet.
I am writing the code on 2K with Acrobat 6 and testing it on XP with Acrobat
reader V8.

I originally used the Active X control, which was great on my PC but failed
on the XP. A thread mentioned that the Active X component was not being
shipped anymore and mentioned using an OLE container.

So I added the OLE container and using the code from the thread (not used
OLE containers before) I used
if FileExists(MyFileName) then begin
OLE1.CreateObjectFromFile(MyFileName,false);
PcScan.ActivePage := TsOLEPDF;
end;

This also fails.

Kerry

Kerry Frater

Mar 6, 2007, 11:51:45 AM3/6/07
I have just been in contact with Adobe. They say that they DO ship the
ActiveX control but it is different (and supported) in versions 7 & 8. Since
I have V6 Professional and I don't want to mess that up, it appears that I
have to upgrade to V8 Pro.
Once upgraded I then recompile with the new Active X and hey presto it
should work with Acrobat 7 & 8 (but will not work with previous versions).

If anyone knows anything different, please let me know.

Kerry

"Kerry Frater" <ke...@jcs.co.uk> wrote in message

Girish Patil (Gnostice)

Mar 7, 2007, 9:23:40 AM3/7/07
Hi Kerry,

PDFtoolkit VCL includes a PDF viewer component that can be used in side Delphi
applications. The viewer does not require any external libraries such as Acrobat
Reader to be installed. It is 100% Delphi.

Do check it out.
http://www.gnostice.com/PDFtoolkitoverview.asp

FYI, we are in the process of releasing a new, highly improved version very
shortly.

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies www.gnostice.com

Gerhard Wessels

Mar 13, 2007, 11:56:13 AM3/13/07
Girish,

How shortly?

Gerhard

Girish Patil (Gnostice)

Mar 20, 2007, 3:35:52 AM3/20/07
In March.

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies www.gnostice.com
PDF tools for developers - VCL, .NET, Java & ActiveX
http://www.gnostice.com/softwaredevelopers.asp

Gnostice Caliber Reporter
Reporting application for Borland(R) CaliberRM(R)
http://www.gnostice.com/CaliberReporterOverview.asp