DelphiSpeedUp 1.6

已查看 13 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月26日 19:25:462006/4/26
收件人
I have uploaded the new version 1.6 that fixes all bugs that I was able to
reproduce.

Download:
http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpV16.zip

Version 1.6
===========
- Switched to newer FastMove version.
- FastCode functions are now selected depending on the used CPU
- Fixed MSVCRT.StrLen/StrCmp bug (caused AVs) [seed b.p.d.l.basm]
- Some new speed improvements for BDS 2006 (but not that much faster)
- Added version number to spash screen
- Fixed FastObj bug with classes that overwrite
TObject/TInterfacedObject.NewInstance [=> CodeHealer]
- Moved VCL and IDE related code out of Utils and FastRTL what makes it
easier to use the units in your own package based application.

* Delphi 2005 support still not tested

Sourcecode:
http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpInstallerSourceV16.zip

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen
(http://andy.jgknet.de/blog)

David Perkins

未读,
2006年4月26日 19:41:382006/4/26
收件人
Andreas

Can this be used with he BDS2006 BCB personality?

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

未读,
2006年4月26日 20:29:092006/4/26
收件人
Andreas Hausladen wrote:

> Sourcecode:
> http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpInstallerSourceV16.zip

When I download this, WinZip says it doesn't appear to be a valid
archive :-/

Anyone else seeing this?

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Have questions?: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Dan Downs

未读,
2006年4月26日 20:32:482006/4/26
收件人
just finding one problem after another aren't you <G>

DD

Stephen Quinn

未读,
2006年4月26日 20:44:012006/4/26
收件人
Dave

> When I download this, WinZip says it doesn't appear to be a valid
> archive :-/
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yes

Use 7zip - I looked at the file header<g>

HTH
Steve

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

未读,
2006年4月26日 21:09:252006/4/26
收件人
Stephen Quinn wrote:

> Use 7zip

Ah.. thanks very much!

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 02:24:322006/4/27
收件人
Stephen Quinn wrote:

> Use 7zip - I looked at the file header<g>

That happens when you copy&paste the filename from the older file but use
7z for compression.

I have replaced source code "zip" file by a real zip file now.

Virgo Pärna

未读,
2006年4月27日 04:01:502006/4/27
收件人
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
> I have uploaded the new version 1.6 that fixes all bugs that I was able to
> reproduce.

In Delphi 5 after installing version 1.6 results "Error creating form:
"=" expected on line " and "Error creating form: "OBJECT" expected on
line 1" errors, when trying to open existing dfm's. There were no
noticeable problems with 1.5 (except that SHIFT+F9 for Build did not
work before opening Project menu).
I uninstalled version 1.5 before installing version 1.6.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo...@mail.ee

John O'Harrow

未读,
2006年4月27日 03:49:102006/4/27
收件人
Hi Andreas,

The FastMove used (Ver 3.0) in DelphiSpeedUp Version 1.6 is still not the
very latest. The latest version (Ver 3.03) can be found at
http://fastcode.sourceforge.net/

--
regards,
John

The Fastcode Project:
http://www.fastcodeproject.org/

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月27日 04:54:192006/4/27
收件人
Andreas Hausladen a écrit :
Hi Andreas,

It looks like you have introduced a bug in this version.
On the Object Inspector, when double clicking on an empty event (to create it) , I'm getting an error message :

Expected ';'but ')' found

Step to reproduce (BDS2006)
Create a new win32 project
Add an OnCreate Event : you will get the error message.

Here is the generated code :

unit Unit2;

interface

uses
Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms,
Dialogs;

type
TForm2 = class(TForm)
procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObjec)); <============= ERROR ('t' is replaced by ')' )
private
{ Private declarations }
public
{ Public declarations }
end;

var
Form2: TForm2;

implementation

{$R *.dfm}

begin

end;

end.

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月27日 04:55:262006/4/27
收件人
needless to say that removing delphispeedup solves my problem ;)

Clinton R. Johnson

未读,
2006年4月27日 06:17:212006/4/27
收件人
Not sure why, but with DSU1.6, code completion can no longer insert
methods in a sorted order. DSU 1.5 does not display this problem.

IE:

Type
TMyClass = Class
Private
Public
Procedure A;
Procedure B; <invoke code completion with shift-ctrl-c>
Procedure C;
End;

Procedure TMyClass.A;
Begin End;

<this is where TMyClass.B; would normally be inserted with code
completion as the pre-existing methods are already in order>

Procedure TMyClass.C;
Begin End;

<this is where TMyClass.B; is inserted with DSU 1.6, and is where a
method would be inserted by class completion if the methods were NOT in
sorted order>

It might seem like a minor thing, but who knows what's been broken or
if it is vital to the compiler? Besides, I like to be able to insert
my methods in sorted order, as they are easier to find later (I just
wish that code completion did its best to find the position instead of
giving up and jamming it at the end... like if you had a b f p c ,
insert K after g, isntead of all the way at the end.., but that's
really outside the scope of the DSU & this bug <grin> )

Robert Wachtel

未读,
2006年4月27日 07:05:502006/4/27
收件人
Same here.

Robert

Frédéric SCHENCKEL

未读,
2006年4月27日 09:39:082006/4/27
收件人
Hello,

I have the same problem.

I'm using BDS2006 french update 1...

But really stunning job for the speed !!!

Regards

Frédéric

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 12:29:162006/4/27
收件人
John O'Harrow wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> The FastMove used (Ver 3.0) in DelphiSpeedUp Version 1.6 is still not
> the very latest. The latest version (Ver 3.03) can be found at
> http://fastcode.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the info. But I was sure that I downloaded the file from there.
Hmm. Maybe I downlaoded it to another directory. Who knowns...

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月27日 12:43:442006/4/27
收件人
Andreas,

| I have uploaded the new version 1.6 that fixes all bugs that I was
| able to reproduce.

Thanks!

I'm giving it a try.

04/27/2006 09:41:13

XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月27日 13:05:092006/4/27
收件人
Andreas,

| I have uploaded the new version 1.6 that fixes all bugs that I was
| able to reproduce.

The"Error while unpacking..." error-message is now gone.

And the doubling of time to load D2006 (20 sec pre DSU to 45 sec using
DSU.) has now reduced to be essentially the same as prior to using DSU.
(20 sec to 22 and 20 sec [1st use, second and subsequent uses].
Measured by stop-watch, not timed from the system.) So I get no
improvement in loading speed performance, actually about a 10% (22 sec
vs. 20 sec) degrade in speed on the first load and no change on
subsequent loads. However, the time to close-unload D2006 is
remarkably improved from 20 seconds to about 6 seconds.

It occurs to me that the reason I don't see [as much of] a speed-up as
others is most likely due to my anti-virus (AVG) and anti-spyware
(Ad-Watch) software. They are probably trapping and investigating
every file load operation. There is nothing I know of that you can do
about that.

Thanks for your efforts!

04/27/2006 09:53:14

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 13:02:102006/4/27
收件人
Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:

> Expected ';'but ')' found
>
> Step to reproduce (BDS2006)
> Create a new win32 project
> Add an OnCreate Event : you will get the error message.

This doesn't happen on my system (BDS 2006 Upd 1)

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月27日 14:16:232006/4/27
收件人
Andreas,

| Hmm. Maybe I downlaoded it to another directory. Who knowns...

The Shadow? ;-)

04/27/2006 11:16:11

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月27日 14:09:592006/4/27
收件人
I've applied update2.
Can anybody having update2 installed can confirm this issue ?

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 15:10:512006/4/27
收件人
Version 1.65:
http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpV165.zip

Changelog:
- Fixed Delphi 5 bug with ALT+F12 (Delphi 5 uses "old" FastCode unit)
- FastMove 3.03 (06-MAR-2006)
- Original FastCode

Maybe this version also fixes the BDS 2006 bug with auto completion.

Clinton R. Johnson

未读,
2006年4月27日 15:28:422006/4/27
收件人
This also fixes the class completion sorting bug also.

Thanks! Its a great tool and a hell of a contribution to the community!

- Clinton R. Johnson

Robert Wachtel

未读,
2006年4月27日 15:25:052006/4/27
收件人
Hi!

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
> Maybe this version also fixes the BDS 2006 bug with auto completion.

Yes, it works for me now!

Thanks.

Robert

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月27日 15:42:012006/4/27
收件人
> Maybe this version also fixes the BDS 2006 bug with auto completion.

Thanks ! It is working now :)

Steve McGrath

未读,
2006年4月27日 16:20:182006/4/27
收件人
Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:
> I've applied update2.
> Can anybody having update2 installed can confirm this issue ?

I've update 2 installed and noticed the problem described when creating
a DataModule.OnCreate event and I got the exact problem described:
"Expected ';'but ')' found "

HTH,
Steve

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月27日 16:20:332006/4/27
收件人
> Changelog:
> - Fixed Delphi 5 bug with ALT+F12 (Delphi 5 uses "old" FastCode unit)
> - FastMove 3.03 (06-MAR-2006)
> - Original FastCode

Is Fastmove 3.03 a part of fastmm 4.x ?

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 16:45:222006/4/27
收件人
Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:

> Is Fastmove 3.03 a part of fastmm 4.x ?

http://fastcode.sourceforge.net/challenge_content/FastMove.html

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月27日 16:46:202006/4/27
收件人
Steve McGrath wrote:

> I've update 2 installed and noticed the problem described when creating
> a DataModule.OnCreate event and I got the exact problem described:
> "Expected ';'but ')' found "

You can download version 1.65 that seems to fix this bug.

http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpV165.zip

Kevin Powick

未读,
2006年4月27日 18:56:122006/4/27
收件人
Andreas Hausladen wrote:

> Version 1.65:
> http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpV165.zip

1.65 has fixed the problem I was having with MicroOLAP's PostgresDAC
components.

Thanks,

--
Kevin Powick

rbwinston

未读,
2006年4月27日 22:03:232006/4/27
收件人
"Andreas Hausladen" <AndreasDO...@gObviousToBeRemovedmx.de>
wrote:

>Version 1.65:
>http://andy.jgknet.de/misc/DelphiSpeedUpV165.zip
>

>Changelog:
>- Fixed Delphi 5 bug with ALT+F12 (Delphi 5 uses "old" FastCode unit)
>- FastMove 3.03 (06-MAR-2006)
>- Original FastCode
>
>Maybe this version also fixes the BDS 2006 bug with auto completion.

This fixes a bug I noticed in Delphi 5 with DelphiSpeedUp version 1.6;
breakpoints weren't working when debugging a dll.

vavan

未读,
2006年4月28日 02:49:102006/4/28
收件人
On 27 Apr 2006 12:10:51 -0700, "Andreas Hausladen"
<AndreasDO...@gObviousToBeRemovedmx.de> wrote:

sorry for bother but I'd like to ask you whether you still plan to
further improve bcc32pch and/or fix known bugs?

thank you

p.s. looks like now your efforts mainly on delphi side? very good for
delphi community but please don't forget bcb side :)

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月28日 03:37:162006/4/28
收件人
vavan wrote:

> sorry for bother but I'd like to ask you whether you still plan to
> further improve bcc32pch and/or fix known bugs?

Yes, I still plan to improve bcc32pch (e.g. merge DelphiSpeedUp and
bcc32pch). But at the moment I do not have the time to work on both tools.

Stephane Wierzbicki

未读,
2006年4月28日 03:32:092006/4/28
收件人
Andreas Hausladen a écrit :

> Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:
>
>> Is Fastmove 3.03 a part of fastmm 4.x ?
>
> http://fastcode.sourceforge.net/challenge_content/FastMove.html

Thank you for the link....
I did a confusion with the FastMM lib (memory manager) and FastMove lib... (too much fast... for me :) )

Joe Hendricks

未读,
2006年4月28日 05:20:202006/4/28
收件人
ModelMaker Code Explorer v4 and DSU v1.65 cause D2006(Up2)IDE to crash
on my machine. Uninstalling DSU takes care of it.

JoeH

Julian Ziersch

未读,
2006年4月28日 09:04:572006/4/28
收件人
Hi,

>It occurs to me that the reason I don't see [as much of] a speed-up as
>others is most likely due to my anti-virus (AVG) and anti-spyware
>(Ad-Watch) software. They are probably trapping and investigating
>every file load operation. There is nothing I know of that you can do
>about that.

You can try to make the Borland directory trused in the AV setup

Julian

Matthew Jones

未读,
2006年4月28日 09:33:002006/4/28
收件人
I don't know if this is related, but with DSU 1.5 installed I'm finding
that hitting F9 to run my app isn't always doing a build before running.
I'll change a line to fix something, then hit F9 and it doesn't get
compiled. This might be related to the removal of the "rebuild" question
when debugging (which I like having removed - such a time saver!).

Anyway, I thought I'd raise it in case it isn't just me.

/Matthew Jones/

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月28日 12:38:542006/4/28
收件人
Julian,

| You can try to make the Borland directory trused in the AV setup

I've had too many attempted "application hijacking" attacks to trust
anyone. <g> Which reminds me, my firewall is also involved. It checks
all executables, including DLL's. That's what catches application
hijacking attempts.

04/28/2006 09:35:24

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月28日 13:18:252006/4/28
收件人
Matthew Jones wrote:

> I don't know if this is related, but with DSU 1.5 installed I'm finding
> that hitting F9 to run my app isn't always doing a build before running.

What Delphi version?

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月28日 14:08:252006/4/28
收件人
Joe,

| ModelMaker Code Explorer v4 and DSU v1.65 cause D2006(Up2)IDE to
| crash on my machine. Uninstalling DSU takes care of it.

As I mentioned to you in Gerrit's newsgroup, I do NOT have the same
problem. I'm also using MMX 4.07b and DSU 1.65 under D2006 (Win32
personality only). I have also crippled Together (renamed
tgide100.exe) and have Code Insight - Error Insight unchecked.

04/28/2006 11:02:04

Raymond Schappe

未读,
2006年4月28日 14:59:472006/4/28
收件人
Out of curiosity... what do you use for your Firewall???

I am still using ZoneAlarm (the free version) but it has indeed saved me
several times!!!

-Raymond

Joe Hendricks

未读,
2006年4月28日 16:10:092006/4/28
收件人
Q Correll wrote:
> I do NOT have the same problem.

Ah, then its my setup for sure.
My laptop is showing its age I bet :-)
JoeH

Darryl Strickland

未读,
2006年4月28日 17:55:502006/4/28
收件人
I'm seeing the same thing in D7 and having to do a build every time. The
compiler not picking up any code changes.

Darryl

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月28日 21:23:412006/4/28
收件人
Joe,

| Ah, then its my setup for sure.
| My laptop is showing its age I bet :-)

Good luck getting things straightened out.

04/28/2006 18:23:29

Q Correll

未读,
2006年4月28日 21:23:112006/4/28
收件人
Raymond,

| Out of curiosity... what do you use for your Firewall???
|
| I am still using ZoneAlarm (the free version) but it has indeed saved
| me several times!!!

I use SyGate Personal Firewall. The last version (5.6), I believe,
released before syGate was purchased by Symantec. It has "saved my
bacon" many times as well!

04/28/2006 18:20:55

Matthew Jones

未读,
2006年4月30日 04:53:002006/4/30
收件人
Delphi 7. It is definitely an effect, but I can work around just by typing
a space and deleting before hitting F9.

/Matthew Jones/

Will

未读,
2006年4月30日 11:47:302006/4/30
收件人
Will you be posting the source for Ver 165 ?

Thanks

"Andreas Hausladen" <AndreasDO...@gObviousToBeRemovedmx.de> wrote in
message news:4451173b$1...@newsgroups.borland.com...

Andreas Hausladen

未读,
2006年4月30日 13:58:342006/4/30
收件人
Will wrote:

> Will you be posting the source for Ver 165 ?

No, because I use a FastObj.pas that has my modifications, but I want to
use the official FastObj.pas which will be in the next version.

Will

未读,
2006年4月30日 16:10:262006/4/30
收件人
Ver 1.65 works well with Delphi5, thanks.

I look foward to the next release.

All Best
Will

"Andreas Hausladen" <AndreasDO...@gObviousToBeRemovedmx.de> wrote in

message news:4454faca$1...@newsgroups.borland.com...

Kyle A. Miller

未读,
2006年5月1日 04:56:342006/5/1
收件人
This seems to be working for me so far in BDS2006. Great job! Kudos!

vavan

未读,
2006年5月2日 04:12:392006/5/2
收件人
On 28 Apr 2006 00:37:16 -0700, "Andreas Hausladen"
<AndreasDO...@gObviousToBeRemovedmx.de> wrote:

>bcc32pch). But at the moment I do not have the time to work on both tools.

is there any chance you could open-source it so others could further
customize it for their own needs?

Virgo Pärna

未读,
2006年5月2日 05:27:462006/5/2
收件人
Virgo Pärna wrote:

> In Delphi 5 after installing version 1.6 results "Error creating form:
> "=" expected on line " and "Error creating form: "OBJECT" expected on

1.65 seems to be working fine.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo...@mail.ee