NDA on Diamondback demo CD's

1 view

Kristofer Skaug

Sep 15, 2004, 5:42:03 PM9/15/04
This just in from Joe White's blog:
http://excastle.com/blog/archive/2004/09/15/314.aspx
apparently, the free D9 demo CD's handed out at BorCon have an NDA
license...
ROFL!!!!

--
Kristofer

Michael Swindell (Borland)

Sep 15, 2004, 9:10:36 PM9/15/04
oops

"Kristofer Skaug" <ya.ierfgnf@thnxf.x> wrote in message

TObject

Sep 16, 2004, 12:24:55 AM9/16/04
What's wrong with the NDA on the Delphi 9 preview?

It looks to me as if Borland wants to receive feedback
from a limited focus group on the new product, and they
decided that Borcon participants would be a good focus
group for Delphi.

Kristofer Skaug

Sep 16, 2004, 3:32:03 AM9/16/04
TObject wrote:
> What's wrong with the NDA on the Delphi 9 preview?

Well, I think Joe White explains that well enough
in his blog (see the link I posted).
It's not a big deal, but I don't think it was Borland's intention
to keep all the goodies in D9 hush-hush.

--
Kristofer

Angus Johnson

Sep 16, 2004, 5:29:19 AM9/16/04

"Michael Swindell (Borland)" <mswi...@borland.com> wrote in message
> oops

LOL! Lucky it's been released to people who know only too well how easy it
is for something like this to slip under the radar.

ps: Reminds me of the time many moons ago when I was co-developing some
drag-and-drop components with Anders Melander. Anders was keen to use a
self-unstall and in a demo sent to me he added a little 'surprise' dialog
along the lines of "formatting c drive ...". Somehow, this was the install I
uploaded for general release.

Kristofer Skaug

Sep 16, 2004, 6:29:23 AM9/16/04
Angus Johnson wrote:
> 'surprise' dialog along the lines of "formatting c drive ...".
> Somehow, this was the install I uploaded for general release.

LOL!

--
Kristofer

Chris Brooksbank

Sep 16, 2004, 10:41:51 AM9/16/04
Is it on Kazzaa yet ?

Joe White

Sep 18, 2004, 9:29:28 PM9/18/04
> oops

Heh.

Y'know, it was blogging that brought me to BorCon this year. I
wouldn't have come if it hadn't been for the buzz that you, Danny,
Allen, and everyone else were building in your blogs.

And if you've read my recent blog posts, you know I've come to be
pretty enthusiastic about Diamondback^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H this new
version of Delphi that you may or may not be planning. I suspect
third-party blogs would do some pretty good things for your sales;
Delphi has always had a pretty strong (and vocal) community. Your
marketing people are expected to say good things about your products;
it means more when other people say good things about it too.

But, because of Clause 6 of the license, those of us who installed the
preview CDs are no longer allowed to acknowledge that the product even
exists. That makes it kinda hard for us to market your product for
you.

So... how's about posting a license addendum on BDN? Pretty please?
(grin)

Joe White

Sep 24, 2004, 9:37:22 PM9/24/04
Cool! Thank you, Michael!

The new Diamondback preview license just appeared on BDN, and the NDA
clause is now gone:
http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32717,00.html

In case anyone cares, I posted the diffs between this and the prior
version on my blog:
http://excastle.com/blog/archive/2004/09/24/337.aspx