Guess who owns CodeGear.com... since 2004!?!?

Rick Beerendonk

Nov 15, 2006, 6:54:53 PM11/15/06
See: http://tinyurl.com/y2nrtm or
https://www.namesecure.com/en_US/jhtml/dcs-docs/whois_popup.jhtml?domainname=codegear.com&tld=com

And who is Mark Trenchard. He registered codegear.net .org .biz .info on
November 7 (inside info?)

Rick

Allen Bauer (CodeGear)

Nov 15, 2006, 6:09:20 PM11/15/06
Rick Beerendonk wrote:

He is CodeGear's director of IT. Nothing to see here... move along...
move along. :-)

--
Allen Bauer
CodeGear

Robin

Nov 15, 2006, 7:16:01 PM11/15/06
Allen Bauer (CodeGear) wrote:

> He is CodeGear's director of IT. Nothing to see here... move along...
> move along. :-)

You spoil sort!

Now the non-tech sowing circle will have to find something else to
natter about...

--
Robin.

Chris Burrows

Nov 15, 2006, 8:52:16 PM11/15/06
"Rick Beerendonk" <rick@fake_beerendonk.com> wrote in message
> See: http://tinyurl.com/y2nrtm or

Michael Swindell is the current registrant - that doesn't mean he's owned it
since 2004 or does it? The domain used to belong to a T-shirt company as the
Wayback machine shows:

http://tinyurl.com/yenmnl

--
Chris Burrows
CFB Software

Michael Swindell (Borland)

Nov 15, 2006, 9:17:45 PM11/15/06
I purchased it earlier this year from a domain "holding" company, I think
they may have registered it in 2004 <shrug>.

-m

"Chris Burrows" <cfbso...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Phillip Woon

Nov 15, 2006, 8:25:27 PM11/15/06

Michael Swindell (Borland) wrote:

> I purchased it earlier this year from a domain "holding" company, I
> think they may have registered it in 2004 <shrug>.
>
> -m

Hi Michael, I take it you're staying with Borland?

Michael Swindell (CodeGear)

Nov 15, 2006, 9:35:51 PM11/15/06
Hi Phillip, after nine years at Borland, as of yesterday I work for
CodeGear - and I'll be staying with CodeGear! :o)

"Phillip Woon" <pw...@woontech.com> wrote in message

dk_sz

Nov 15, 2006, 10:06:10 PM11/15/06
> Hi Phillip, after nine years at Borland, as of yesterday I work for
> CodeGear - and I'll be staying with CodeGear! :o)

Must be sweet to have had the foresight
to buy the CodeGear domain name though :-D

Either that, or time has moved much faster
than how I have perceived the reality around me...

*Worried*

--
best regards
Thomas Schulz

Steve Trefethen (Delphi R&D)

Nov 15, 2006, 9:51:25 PM11/15/06
Rick Beerendonk wrote:
> And who is Mark Trenchard. He registered codegear.net .org .biz .info on
> November 7 (inside info?)

He's just the guy hired to run IT for CodeGear.

--
-Steve
Delphi/Delphi.NET/C#Builder R&D

JD

Nov 15, 2006, 9:22:18 PM11/15/06

"Michael Swindell \(CodeGear\)" <michael.nos...@borland.com> wrote:

> [...] after nine years at Borland, as of yesterday I work
> for CodeGear

Wouldn't that be a violation of 'quiet time'?

~ JD

JED

Nov 15, 2006, 9:28:21 PM11/15/06
dk_sz wrote:

> > Hi Phillip, after nine years at Borland, as of yesterday I work for
> > CodeGear - and I'll be staying with CodeGear! :o)
>
> Must be sweet to have had the foresight
> to buy the CodeGear domain name though :-D

Although he probably doesn't know what to do with the 10 others he
purchased!

--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: http://www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: http://www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

Visual Forms IDE Add In: http://www.jed-software.com/vf.htm

Phillip Woon

Nov 15, 2006, 10:38:14 PM11/15/06
Michael Swindell (CodeGear) wrote:

That's great. I was just wondering since you hadn't changed to
(CodeGear) after your name at the time. I'm looking forward to the
conference now. Does this mean that there will be one conference for
both the ALM crowd and the developers?

Q Correll

Nov 15, 2006, 10:39:42 PM11/15/06
Allen,

| He is CodeGear's director of IT. Nothing to see here... move along...
| move along. :-)

<giggle>

11/15/2006 20:39:38

XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Francois Malan

Nov 16, 2006, 1:22:45 AM11/16/06
Allen Bauer (CodeGear) wrote:

> > ma inname=codegear.com&tld=com

> > And who is Mark Trenchard. He registered codegear.net .org .biz
> > .info on November 7 (inside info?)
> >
> > Rick
>
> He is CodeGear's director of IT. Nothing to see here... move along...
> move along. :-)

<non-tech mode="on">
Does this mean CodeGear is dropping support for Win32? When is the new
FreeDOS command-line compiler being released?
</non-tech>

Rick Beerendonk

Nov 16, 2006, 3:10:31 AM11/16/06
Thank you for the info.

> Nothing to see here... move along... move along. :-)

I will :-)

Rick

Donald Shimoda

Nov 16, 2006, 6:18:20 AM11/16/06
Michael Swindell (Borland) wrote:

> I purchased it earlier this year from a domain "holding" company, I
> think they may have registered it in 2004 <shrug>.

Can you tell us how much cost you that ?

--
Donald.

Michael Swindell (CodeGear)

Nov 16, 2006, 9:22:22 PM11/16/06
> Can you tell us how much cost you that ?

one BILLION dollars.... <g> heh... no, actually it was a bargain for several
thousand dollars... a great deal IMO.... I was really just blown away that
it was even available for purchase. When I thought of the name, Allen was
sitting across the table and I told him, "but of course there's no way the
domain will be available"... and sure enough it was. I have go back and
research who the original suggestion actually came from, but the name
stemmed from one of the names submitted by customers from my Blog post -
DelphiGear.... we were browsing thru hundreds of submissions (most were
ummm.... how shall I put it... "Intersting" is the word I'm looking for <g>)
but I really liked the idea of DelphiGear. Like Climbing Gear or Photo Gear
but for Delphi programmers. Of course Delphi in the name is just way too
narrow a focus for our new company name, and I just swapped Delphi with
Code... and wahlah... there it is :o) funny how those things work sometimes.
So thanks to the Delphi developer who submitted DelphiGear as a suggestion -
you are a part of history! -m

Donald Shimoda

Nov 17, 2006, 10:59:39 AM11/17/06
Michael Swindell (CodeGear) wrote:

> > Can you tell us how much cost you that ?

> things work sometimes. So thanks to the Delphi developer who
> submitted DelphiGear as a suggestion - you are a part of history! -m

Thanks for sharing the history with us.

--
Donald.

mramirez

Nov 17, 2006, 12:08:18 PM11/17/06

>move along. :-)

Careful. Many customers may take that "move along" for granted. And move to [Visual Studio .NET], Java+Eclipse, FPC/Lazarus...

Not trying to start a "flame war".

Just my 2 cents...

Tom

Nov 17, 2006, 1:21:02 PM11/17/06
> Careful. Many customers may take that "move along" for granted. And move
> to [Visual Studio .NET], Java+Eclipse, FPC/Lazarus...

Pretty right on, if you ask me. If I cannot find what I need here, I like
many others are moving right along. Unfortunate for Delphi because I really
like Object Pascal, but they are not the only game in town anymore...