D2006 Tool Palette Most Superior

Mike Vance

Nov 15, 2006, 8:20:51 PM11/15/06
I am the original poster of the negative "D2006 Tool Palette So
Inferior" thread. I am posting this to point out to those who only look
at the message titles that I got some practical advice to start fooling
with the settings for the tool palette, and *wow* why did that not come
to my brain months ago. The D2006 tool palette really is way ahead of
the D7 tool palette. I guess that is because I was thinking in D7 mode
and the D7 palette never had any settings. I am just trying to undo the
damage of my previous posting. The original message should of been
posted to delphi.ide.general and asked intelligent questions instead of
being so condeming. Let the evil twin of this thread die, please.

Q Correll

Nov 15, 2006, 10:43:09 PM11/15/06
Mike,

| I am just trying to undo the
| damage of my previous posting. The original message should of been
| posted to delphi.ide.general and asked intelligent questions instead
| of being so condeming. Let the evil twin of this thread die, please.

That's very cool Mike. Kudos!

11/15/2006 20:42:53

XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Tim Jarvis [CodeGear]

Nov 15, 2006, 11:48:05 PM11/15/06
Mike Vance wrote:

> I am the original poster

Mike, I'd like to Echo Q Correll. Kudos to you. You certainly earnt my
respect with that.

--
Tim Jarvis
CodeGear

Chee Wee [CodeGear]

Nov 16, 2006, 1:29:31 AM11/16/06
Mike Vance wrote:

> I am the original poster of the negative "D2006 Tool Palette So
> Inferior" thread. I am posting this to point out to those who only

> not come to my brain months ago. The D2006 tool palette really is

> way ahead of the D7 tool palette. I guess that is because I was
> thinking in D7 mode and the D7 palette never had any settings. I am
> just trying to undo the damage of my previous posting. The original

It takes a lot of courage to admit you're wrong.

I admire you for that. Salute!

Oliver Townshend

Nov 16, 2006, 3:12:59 AM11/16/06
> It takes a lot of courage to admit you're wrong.

Some of us never have to do it.

And some of us have to do it all the time...

Oliver Townshend

Kristofer Skaug

Nov 16, 2006, 4:23:11 PM11/16/06
Mike Vance wrote:
> The D2006 tool palette really
> is way ahead of the D7 tool palette. I guess that is because I was
> thinking in D7 mode and the D7 palette never had any settings.

Hi Mike,

I, like you, have been frustrated with the D2006 pallette, and also picked
up the advice given in your former thread, and I must say that made a big
difference for me too.
Although at first the different icons in 'grid mode' take some getting used
to (the 'classic' small ones have been sort of etched into my subconscious
for 10 years), but it's a whole lot more usable like this. For better or
worse, your posting brought this tip to a few people's attention. I think
many of these things were probably pointed out early on in D8/D2005 times,
but relatively few D/Win32 people actually bought or used those IDE's, so
lots of these "Getting started with BDS IDE" tips were lost on the larger
community.

--
Kristofer