create a desktop shortcut for every user?

scchui

Sep 12, 2007, 10:33:23 AM9/12/07
It's me again.
I installed firefox and innosetup as an administrator. Then I created a
dummy user. When login as dummy user, shortcuts for firefox and innosetup
created on the desktop automatically.
I wonder how I can setup my program to do this for every user? Thanks for
any advice!

scchui

yannis

Sep 12, 2007, 11:14:09 AM9/12/07
on 12/09/2007, scchui supposed :

The shortcuts did not get created to the users desktop. They have been
created on the "all users" desktop. It is a special folder and you can
get it using SHGetSpecialFolderLocation in shellapi unit.

Regards
Yannis.

yannis

Sep 12, 2007, 11:17:36 AM9/12/07
Oh, by the way using inno setup you can create an icon in the
{CommonDesktop} instead of the {desktop} to have the same result.

Regards
Yannis.