Remote Debugger (september 2007 version) doesn't work at all.

Warren Postma

Feb 21, 2008, 12:19:28 PM2/21/08
I can't even get rmtdbg105.exe launch, with or without the -listen
command line parameter.

The previous version of rmtdbg105 would actually launch and sit there,
but there was no way to get a connection via the IDE, and I have no idea
if it's the Delphi 2007 IDE or the remote debugger side that doesn't work.

But the latest version of RMTDBG105 just crashes or shuts down right at
startup. I can't even get it to stay running for more than 1.7283
microseconds. It's thoroughly geborken and completely mitbuggiesgefilled.

Does anyone at all have any success with remote debugging in Delphi 2007?

Warren

Tiedo Kruisselbrink

Feb 22, 2008, 4:06:14 AM2/22/08
Warren Postma wrote:

> I can't even get rmtdbg105.exe launch, with or without the -listen
> command line parameter.

I never had any problem with that (Win 2000 server, Win XP local)

> But the latest version of RMTDBG105 just crashes or shuts down right
> at startup.

The latest version is december 2007. Is that what you are using?

> Does anyone at all have any success with remote debugging in Delphi
> 2007?

I had no problem with starting rmtdbg105. I had some trouble with
starting debugging in the IDE, but that were problems with
access-rights and DComConfig-settings on the servermachine.

Have you read "Overview of remote debugging" in the Delphi Help?

Tiedo