Play video from stream???

Eray Sazan

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
How can play video from a stream? is there any way? media player only
plays from files.

Stuart Urquhart

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
Erm, streams are files in a way.
Does TMediaPlayer have a LoadFromStream(); function? Probably not....

Try getting some 3rd party component if you can't really figure it out {^_^}

Eray Sazan

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
i cant be a loadfromstream function couse it uses mci device and it can send
only file name. i m looking for a 3rd party component but i could not find.
anybody knows how play video from stream??

"Stuart Urquhart" <empero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Colin Wilson

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
There's one on my website (Go for the Miscellaneous Components
package). It's free and includes source code.

Basically you drop a TMediaPlayerMemoryFile on a form, give it a dummy
file name (say test.xxx), and set the TMediaPlayer's file name to the
same thing, with a '+' appended - eg. test.xxx+. You can the load the
TMediaPlayerMemoryFile with your data (it's derived from TMemoryStream)
and away you go.

Please mail me if you have any problems using it...

Colin
e-mail :co...@wilsonc.demon.co.uk
web: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm