BDE Error 2108

Allan Robinson

Mar 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/16/00
I have a simple read only application that reads a Paradox database on a
network drive (Windows NT). The program works fine on one machine but
when we install it on another machine and try to run it we get an error:

Exception EDBEngineError in module vcldb30.dpl at 00019652. An error
occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine
(error $2108).

Both machines have the same BDE files and the same *.dpl files in the
WINSYSDIR. Anyone have a clue?

Brian Bushay TeamB

Mar 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/17/00

>Exception EDBEngineError in module vcldb30.dpl at 00019652. An error
>occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine
>(error $2108).
>
>Both machines have the same BDE files and the same *.dpl files in the
>WINSYSDIR. Anyone have a clue?

2108 is Cannot locate IDAPI32 DLL
so you do not have BDE correctly installed.
Check the DllPath registry setting to see if it points to the directory where
you have BDE installed. If it points to the correct directory try reinstalling
BDE.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbu...@NMPLS.com