Stackwalk, map2dbg, BCB6 - solved

Sacha Manson-Smith

Sep 3, 2003, 12:04:37 PM9/3/03

I posted a while ago trying to get stack walking (stack tracing) to
work with BCB6, first using Lucian Wischik's map2dbg code, and then
using StackWalk64, to no avail. With a bit of help from Steve Leary, I
got it going.

There are two problems:

1. The .map file format has changed a bit from BCB5 to BCB6, so the
.dbg file was not generated properly. map2dbg has to be tweaked a bit.

2. If you turn on the "Makes enums byte-sized when possible" switch in
BCB6 (-b-) then calls to StackWalk64 will fail. This is because the
STACKFRAME64 structure contains an ADDRESS_MODE structure, which, you
guessed it, is an enum.

I'll tidy up some code and repost for those who are interested.

Cheers,

Sacha