Where are the Conference Bloggers?

Mike Howard

Nov 8, 2005, 12:45:38 PM11/8/05
Have I just missed them? I don't see anyone blogging from the DevCon this
year. On the first day of last year's conference, there was quite a bit of
information posted. All I have seen so far is a few mentions that some
folks made it to the conference and were in a class.

Any one seen anybody posting regulary this year?

Joe Hendricks

Nov 8, 2005, 1:50:05 PM11/8/05
http://www.softwarerunners.com/DevCon2005/

--
JoeH
[ write a letter, save a life - http://www.amnesty.org ]

Bob Swart

Nov 8, 2005, 2:02:52 PM11/8/05
Hi Mike,

See also http://www.drbob42.com/events/2005.htm
(now "live" from Allen Bauer's session)

Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)

--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) - Borland Technology Partner
At Borland Developer Conference 2005, see: http://www.drbob42.com/blog

Brian Rogers

Nov 8, 2005, 2:09:30 PM11/8/05
http://infiniteape.blogspot.com

And I just had breakfast with Joe prior to the opening :-)

-BR

"Joe Hendricks" <hqt...@joeh.backwards.com> wrote in message

Nick Hodges [TeamB]

Nov 8, 2005, 1:18:10 PM11/8/05

http://www.lemanix.com/nick

--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- http://www.lemanix.com

Leonel

Nov 8, 2005, 2:01:51 PM11/8/05

So, why were you taking your own keyboard? :)

--
Leonel

Joe Hendricks

Nov 8, 2005, 3:08:30 PM11/8/05
"Brian Rogers" <brian....@n.o.s.p.a.m.for.me.sagian.com> wrote

> And I just had breakfast with Joe prior to the opening :-)

Enjoyed meeting you very much and hearing about your project !
We also got to hear about Marco Cantu's big work project at our
table, cool stuff.

Bob Swart

Nov 8, 2005, 4:10:09 PM11/8/05
Hi Leonel,

> So, why were you taking your own keyboard? :)

I'm a blind typist, but only on a keyboard where the keys are where I
expect them to be (unlike a laptop keyboard)... I've been bringing my
keyboard to conferences since, well, I guess since ever, which is 13
years now... (and although it's no longer the same physical keyboard,
it's still the same brand and type, and heavy - with iron bars inside
and a thick PS/2 wire, unlike the light plastic wireless ones you see
now, which just crumble after a few hours of heavy duty work on them ;-)

ip...@hotmail.com

Nov 8, 2005, 5:46:59 PM11/8/05
> Any one seen anybody posting regulary this year?

http://www.excastle.com/blog/

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Nov 8, 2005, 5:46:26 PM11/8/05

http://blogs.teamb.com/davenottage/category/223.aspx

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Mike Howard

Nov 8, 2005, 6:09:33 PM11/8/05
Thanks to everyone for the posts. I know Serge kept a list of everyone that
posted last year. That list is not up to date for this year.

Mike Howard

Nov 8, 2005, 6:11:39 PM11/8/05
Nick
I've seen yours, but here is the list from last year. Only 3-4 on that
list posting this year.

Chuck Hutchings - http://www.chuckscorner.com/ - pictures
Craig Stuntz - http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz
Dave Nottage - http://blogs.teamb.com/davenottage/category/138.aspx
Dr. Bob's - http://www.drbob42.com/borcon
Jim McKeeth - http://www.bsdg.org/
Joe White - http://excastle.com/blog/
Marco Cantu - http://www.marcocantu.com/
Nick's blog - http://www.lemanix.com/nick/
Paul Gustavson - http://www.simventions.com/gustavson/
Robert Love - http://peakxml.com/
Serge Dosyukov - http://borcon2004.blogspot.com/
Wayne Niddery - http://blogs.teamb.com/wayneniddery

"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" <nickh...@gmail.com> wrote in news:4370f9f2$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:

John Kaster (Borland)

Nov 8, 2005, 11:18:41 PM11/8/05
Joe Hendricks wrote:

> http://www.softwarerunners.com/DevCon2005/

Be sure to find me and say Hi before the conference is over!

--
John Kaster http://blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: http://qc.borland.com

Joe Hendricks

Nov 9, 2005, 2:59:57 AM11/9/05
"John Kaster (Borland)" <jo...@borland.com> wrote

> Be sure to find me and say Hi before the conference is over!

Couldn't find you today ! Also can't find Nick Hodges
or Brad White - those name badges are useless,
the way they hang backwards
:-)

John Kaster (Borland)

Nov 9, 2005, 10:15:34 AM11/9/05
Joe Hendricks wrote:

> those name badges are useless,
> the way they hang backwards

Yes, I'm not fond of these either.

David R. Robinson

Nov 9, 2005, 4:46:08 PM11/9/05
>> those name badges are useless, the way they hang backwards

...and that they are so low you can't see people's names without bending
over to read them.

David R.

Nick Hodges [TeamB]

Nov 9, 2005, 5:54:58 PM11/9/05
Joe Hendricks wrote:

> Couldn't find you today ! Also can't find Nick Hodges
> or Brad White - those name badges are useless,
> the way they hang backwards
> :-)

Just start talking to all the devestatingly good looking guys, and it
won't take long to find me.

Gordon Niessen

Nov 9, 2005, 6:00:44 PM11/9/05
Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:

> Joe Hendricks wrote:
>
> > Couldn't find you today ! Also can't find Nick Hodges
> > or Brad White - those name badges are useless,
> > the way they hang backwards
> > :-)
>
> Just start talking to all the devestatingly good looking guys, and it
> won't take long to find me.

Oh, do you hang out with only good looking guys?

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

Nick Hodges [TeamB]

Nov 9, 2005, 6:35:54 PM11/9/05
Gordon Niessen wrote:

> Oh, do you hang out with only good looking guys?

Hehe. ;-)

Robert Love

Nov 9, 2005, 7:15:34 PM11/9/05
Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:

> Joe Hendricks wrote:
>
> > Couldn't find you today ! Also can't find Nick Hodges
> > or Brad White - those name badges are useless,
> > the way they hang backwards
> > :-)
>
> Just start talking to all the devestatingly good looking guys, and it
> won't take long to find me.

Ok, Mister Hung Over!

--
Robert Love
Blog: http://peakxml.com

Nick Hodges [TeamB]

Nov 9, 2005, 7:21:00 PM11/9/05
Robert Love wrote:

> Ok, Mister Hung Over!

Give me a break. Just because I wake up badly doesn't mean I'm 'hung
over'.

And don't think you can be a smart ass because you are sitting right
next to me. ;-)

Robert Love

Nov 9, 2005, 7:22:17 PM11/9/05
Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:

> Robert Love wrote:
>
> > Ok, Mister Hung Over!
>
> Give me a break. Just because I wake up badly doesn't mean I'm 'hung
> over'.

ok, ok, ok I guess you were not hung over ;-)

> And don't think you can be a smart ass because you are sitting right
> next to me. ;-)

Lol!

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Nov 9, 2005, 7:24:08 PM11/9/05
Gordon Niessen wrote:

> Oh, do you hang out with only good looking guys?

Well right now he's right next to me, Robert Love and John Kaster, so I
guess so <g>

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

John Jacobson

Nov 9, 2005, 9:52:05 PM11/9/05
"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" <nickh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Just start talking to all the devestatingly good looking guys, and it
> won't take long to find me.

The contrast is that bad, eh? <g>

John Jacobson

Nov 9, 2005, 9:54:00 PM11/9/05
"John Kaster (Borland)" <jo...@borland.com> wrote in message

> Be sure to find me and say Hi before the conference is over!

Man. I feel like I'm missing the party again. 8^(

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Nov 10, 2005, 4:52:28 AM11/10/05
John Jacobson wrote:

> The contrast is that bad, eh? <g>

Well, you have met Nick and I, haven't you? <g>

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft)

Nov 10, 2005, 4:18:39 PM11/10/05
yes, sorry was a little busy lately and I am not on DevCon myself this
year... 8`(
Will try to assemble a list based on current information

"Mike Howard" <havan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ip...@hotmail.com

Nov 10, 2005, 11:43:21 PM11/10/05