BDE merge fails when deploying on Vista

Nick Hunter

Apr 5, 2007, 6:37:15 AM4/5/07

I'm using the BDE 5.1.1 Pro merge module in an application build to install
under Vista.

On a clean PC I log in as an administrator and the application installs OK.
The BDE install fails with "Unable to merge new configuration".

Looking at the registry after this, there are no entries for Borland in the
Local_Machine section.

How can I get the merge module to install the BDE correctly under Vista?

Regards,

Nick J Hunter
SpanSoft

Frank M. Cook

Apr 5, 2007, 10:33:47 AM4/5/07
You want to run the BDE Administrator as Administrator and check the box
under Objects/Options about Win3.1. That will move the settings from the
registry to the config file and solve your problem. if you need to do it
programmatically, you'll have to change the one registry key that controls
this.

--
Frank M. Cook

Nick Hunter

Apr 5, 2007, 1:32:08 PM4/5/07

Thanks. I understand that and the registry key which controls the save type
is \Database Engine\SaveConfig.

But how can I set up the BDE merge module so that the error does not
appear
during deployment? I had found another post where the merge module was
modified so that the custom action "BDEConfig" had sufficient permission
make the registry changes but I don't know how I can do that.