Still Able to Sign Up for Co-Op?

doug.s...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 12:02:44 PM9/27/17
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op
Hello Everyone,

My family and I are closing on a house and moving to beautiful Bonny Doon very soon.  I was Googling to look for propane providers when I came across this forum.

There does still seem to be a bit of activity every now and again, so I just wanted to check in to see if the propane co-op was still together, and if so, are the following directions I found in a thread from October of last year the best way to go about singing up?

2)  Call Brian (831-227-6567) at Ferrel Gas to sign up for service and let him know you are part of the group.

3) If interested, you can check rates at https://www.documents.dgs.ca.gov/pd/contracts/FuelPosting/ and your cost will be the SFO TARGA price + 85 cents

Thank you very much!
- Doug

Gary Domingos

Sep 28, 2017, 5:56:37 PM9/28/17
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op
I believe that is accurate, Doug, but I think this simpler form is all you need to fill out.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJfJfecGvAoT99a7CszvYgqKhU_1YNk_ng86BIRzfaKTwxpw/viewform?formkey=dEw4Q2tYUU9sTzNHbGxUN3pvRE5FR1E6MQ&ifq&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy1jYWNjZmUzNi1iNzViLTRhZGUtYmIzNy1jYmE5MWFiMWQyZjU&fref=gc&dti=339155380037

Just complete the form and submit, then call Ferrelgas and order, advising you are a BD Coop member (ask about the price).   The price should be the TARGA first price for the month + $0.85.  You will need to decide what size tank you need and they will deliver it (and pump over any remaining from the old tank to the new).   I would ask them to also move the existing regulator if it passes their inspection.  You will also need to contact the propane service that owns the old tank and give them something like 30 days to pick it up.  This has been a problem for a few, so start nicely but don't be surprised if they say you'll have to pay something (you won't).  If you have a Facebook account, I'd advise joining the Bonny Doon ~ A Little Slice Of Heaven group and bounce any other questions off them.   Welcome to the Doon.
- Gary

Bruce

Apr 20, 2019, 7:22:04 PM4/20/19
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op
This list/group has been quiet for too long. FerrellGas has bumped my cost $1.00 per gallon over TARGA. Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks!

Steve Homan

Apr 21, 2019, 1:46:06 PM4/21/19
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 4:22:04 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
This list/group has been quiet for too long. FerrellGas has bumped my cost $1.00 per gallon over TARGA. Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks!

Mr. Korb,

There is a new contract with Ferrell Gas since Oct of 2018.
Targa pricing is no longer used.
There is a new rate, and it changes daily.
It is still WAY cheaper than all of the other suppliers.
Due to inflation, it is *about 15* cents higher than it used to be, but the old formula was 85 cents over Targa, so $1 over Targa is to be expected.
There has been a lot of discussion about this in the last six months on the FaceBook page:  Bonny Doon, a little Slice of Heaven.
The chair of the propane committee is Joe Ysselstein. He is on FaceBook. I do not have his email address.
Best,
Steve Homan
Dooner 43 Years

Steve Homan

Apr 21, 2019, 1:46:42 PM4/21/19
to Bonny Doon Propane Co-Op

Bruce Korb

Apr 21, 2019, 2:16:08 PM4/21/19
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I missed the transition and they're charging me TARGA +
1.65. They *raised* the price by almost $1.00 per gallon.
> --

- Bruce

Steve Homan

Apr 21, 2019, 2:19:36 PM4/21/19
to bonny-doon-p...@googlegroups.com
Pricing is seasonal.

Did you call the office and remind them that you are in the co-op? There are several newer employees in the office.

I get the best help from Monica. She has years of experience.

Address2658 E Pacheco Blvd, Los Banos, CA 93635

What is the cost you are now paying?

Steve