I wonder if Pau knows about the group read...
From The New Yorker:
Phil Jackson, the Lakers’ head coach, gives each of his players a book
around the start of the season. Jeanie Buss, the daughter of the
Lakers' owner, Jerry Buss, is also a Twitterer who keeps track of all
things Lakers. She posted this year’s list:
1) Derek Fisher: “Soul on Ice,” by Eldridge Cleaver.
2) Adam Morrison: “Che,” by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon.
3) Shannon Brown: “Dreams from My Father,” by Barack Obama.
4) Josh Powell: “The Souls of Black Folk,” by W. E. B. Du Bois.
5) Lamar Odom: “The Right Mistake,” by Walter Mosley.
6) Andrew Bynum: “Six Easy Pieces,” by Walter Mosley.
7) Sasha Vujacic: “Reservation Blues,” by Sherman Alexie.
8) Luke Walton: “The Monkey Wrench Gang,” by Edward Abbey.
9) Pau Gasol: “2666,” by Roberto Bolaño.
10) Ron Artest: “Sacred Hoops,” by Phil Jackson.
11) Jordan Farmar: “Makes Me Wanna Holler,” by Nathan McCall.
12) Kobe Bryant: “Montana 1948, “by Larry Watson.
13) DJ Mbenga: “Monster: the Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member,” by
Sanyika Shakur and Monster Kody Scott.
Buss also tweeted that Jackson is “very thoughtful about his choices.”
I’d have to agree—this is a great list (but for Pau Gasol’s—and Ron
Artest's—sake, let’s hope the players aren’t expected to report on