WCG bunny race

yoyo

Feb 10, 2008, 1:10:04 PM2/10/08
to BOINC team founders
Hello folks!

Last december, our team launched the
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=465
christmas race at world community grid. With more than 100 active
teams, this competition became much more successfull than we had ever
thought before. Nevertheless, many teams were not able to join the
race because of different reasons (ongoing matches against other
teams, problems contacting an inactive team-captain and so on).

Christmas is gone and with easter ahead of us, we decided to take this
opportunity and again launch a competition: ***the bunny race***. It
will take place at WCG from March 1st to March 23rd (easter monday).

You are cordially invited to join us on this competition! :)

Here is the link to the race:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=821

yoyo

David Anderson

Feb 10, 2008, 2:47:37 PM2/10/08
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Team competitions should ideally be cross-project
(or at least across projects that don't inflate credit).
I would be happy to publicize any such competitions
on the BOINC web site.
-- David

John 37309

Feb 10, 2008, 7:30:18 PM2/10/08
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Excellent yoyo,
I'm delighted to see you guys organising another competition. This should be good fun for all the teams involved. The last race was a great success.

I made some more nice posters and banners for the Easter Race!

Keep a close eye on team Canada this time, they might have been "Borging computers" in the Christmas race.....LOL, those swines.

I will add it to the news on Boincteams.com and help you promote it around the place.

Thanks yoyo,
John.

aendgraend

Feb 12, 2008, 5:04:18 PM2/12/08
to BOINC team founders
Hi John,

good Job on the Bunny-Posters ;-)

I'got another Question on the BOINC Print Poster that you also
created. I guess that's for printing purposes. Can you make a white
Version of it also? If i print that Poster i a Size that should be
recognizable on Messageboards on Schools e.g. then my Inks get empty i
suspect.
And also i wanted to ask you if i can get a Version of the .png-File
from you that allows me to create a German Version of it. I would like
to post that on our Message Board at www.setigermany.de and maybe add
it to our Wiki-Page that is about BOINC and the Projects.

Please keep the good Work up and also on boincteams.com. Good Job
there Mate
Regards

Andreas
(aendgraend of SG)

PS: Thanks for the Invitation Yoyo, I'll be gald to support our Team
even a little more for the Race and do some good Work at WCG ;-)

John 37309

Feb 13, 2008, 1:23:38 AM2/13/08
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,
I have made some identical BOINC print posters in white that are A4 page size and should not empty your printer ink. They don't look as good as the black poster but they are OK.

White BOINC print poster 15 - Low Res jpg image

White BOINC print poster 15 - Higher Res png image

Original black BOINC print poster 11 - High Res png image

About translating the poster into German. I'm not sure how to do that from the image. But i have emailed you an MS word document with all the text in the poster. Andreas if you translate the words into German for me, i will produce the poster in German for you. Just email me back the translation.

John.

yoyo

Feb 28, 2008, 3:20:08 PM2/28/08
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
just a reminder to all racing teams, the challenge starts at 1. March 0:00 UTC. Currently 117 joined the challenge. This should now be one of the biggest world community challenges. You have one more day time to join with your team. You can join only before the race starts.
This race has attracted one of the biggest DC teams, which was almost absent from WCG. 4,000 new members and 18 million points (WCG points, not Boinc) in two weeks and before the race has even started.
So have fun and enjoy the race.
yoyo

yoyo wrote:

yoyo