Problem in IE using nested spans

Robin Wilson

Aug 1, 2010, 1:49:26 PM8/1/10
to Blueprint CSS
Hi,

I found blueprint recently, and have been very impressed with how easy
it is to use. However, recently I've found a problem with one of the
pages on my website (http://rtwilson.com/academic/about). It displays
fine in Firefox and Chrome, but in IE the nested spans at the bottom
are completely messed up - they're the wrong width and the wrong
location.

I'm including the ie.css stylesheet, and I thought that would fix
this, but it doesn't seem to.

I think I'm using the blueprint span-x classes correctly, but I may
not be.

Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this? I suspect it's
something silly I've done, butI can't seem to work out what!

Best regards,

Robin

24/7

Aug 8, 2010, 7:34:51 PM8/8/10
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
I guess you can't include attachments...

Most problems with IE come with the "hasLayout" - just try to google that
and you'll find some possibilities to fix that. In one sentence: Always
provide width & height.

Best Regards,

Kaiser.