Unable to run 1.4.1 and 1.4.99 on Debian Squeeze

eselma

Apr 6, 2012, 2:08:15 PM4/6/12
to bluegriffon, se...@tinet.cat
Today I realized that a new version (1.4.1) had appeared, and -good
news- a 69 page manual. So, after purchasing the manual, I downloaded
the brand new version of Bluegriffon. Installed it instead the old one
and, after starting BG, I only could see a message complaining about
libraries. After googling, I installed on the same directory
(default, /usr/local/Bluegriffon) the Ubuntu library libstdc++.so.
6.0.16 and the generic shortcut. I am using Debian 6.0 (stable) and
Firefox 11.0, no issues up to now. With the new libraries running BG
from the CL, only a short flash-window appeared and the message "./
bluegriffon-bin: symbol lookup error: ./libxul.so: undefined symbol:
gdk_window_get_visual". Downloaded a nightly build (20120402) and
tried it, with the same results.

So now I am stuck with this. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

eselma

Apr 17, 2012, 11:52:21 AM4/17/12
to bluegriffon
Bump. Anybody has a clue about this issue?

Thanks in advance

Martin Karlsson

Apr 19, 2012, 8:01:40 AM4/19/12
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, se...@tinet.cat
I get the same error on Ubuntu if I invoke bluegriffon-bin directly. But you shouldn't do that, use the bluegriffon script in the same directory instead. Hope it helps!

/Martin

Martin Karlsson

Apr 19, 2012, 8:03:37 AM4/19/12
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, se...@tinet.cat
Actually, it wasn't exactly the same error message, but rather this one:
./bluegriffon-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

eselma

Apr 30, 2012, 6:56:32 AM4/30/12
to bluegriffon
Martin Karlsson ha escrit:
> Actually, it wasn't exactly the same error message, but rather this one: ./bluegriffon-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

BlueGriffon 1.5 works as intended on Debian Wheezy (testing). So, I
installed the libstdc++.so.6.0.17 and libstdc++.so.6.0 shortcut from
wheezy on the local directory. After that, starting bluegriffon aborts
with the message:
"symbol lookup error: ./libxul.so: undefined symbol:
gdk_window_get_visual".

Adding possible related packages as libcutter0 (1.1.3-1), libgdkcutter-
pixbuf-dev (1.1.3-1) and libgdkcutter-pixbuf0 (1.1.3-1) did not help.
So, I am stuck with an older release of BlueGriffon until Wheezy
become stable.

Anyone can give a clue for solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tonny

May 3, 2012, 12:36:27 PM5/3/12
to bluegriffon