Status of 2.0.2

Thomas

Jan 2, 2008, 8:05:24 PM1/2/08
to bluecove-users
Hello! Hopefully you had a nice holiday. Only I am curious, if you
have any when 2.0.2 will be released and what the current status is of
it?

Apparently, L2CAP ain't widely supported under Windows. Nearly
impossible, correct?

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Jan 2, 2008, 9:15:36 PM1/2/08
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hi
2.0.2 would be soon. This is mainly OSX version. Just need to run
again JSR-82 TCK tests and figure out why OSX does not act good as TCK
agent. Also help testing and creating tests and test documents is
required! BlueCove become too big for me to test it alone.

Nightly BlueCove build is very stable .....

All changes documented in http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/wiki/Changelog

L2CAP supported on OS X and Windows + WIDCOMM stack. For WIDCOMM +
Vista you will need a custom build using BTW DK 6.1. Would not be
supported by me in this version even so dll are available for download

For L2CAP on Vista + MS stack I don't have a free money and resources
to make this a reality any time in visible future.

--
Vlad

PS
In 2.0.3 there would be no significant change only new distribution
bluecove_gpl for Linux

Ang...@aol.com

Jan 4, 2008, 5:57:41 PM1/4/08
to bluecove-users
Was pointed over here by someone on another forum and thought I'd ask:

What I'm wanting to do is write, in Java, an SMS program. It will at
some point eventually get onto the Palm, but, I thought I'd write it
on the Mac first and then I could duplicate the logic and maybe some
of the methods on the Palm - I still can't find a valid, current Palm
SDK for the Mac though.

Will this, when 2.0.2 is done, allow me to do that?

Thanks!!!!!

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Jan 4, 2008, 6:18:48 PM1/4/08
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
As it is right now BlueCove 2.0.2 is working on OS X e.g. Mac 10.4 and up.
If you are waiting then you should not! Take the last Nightly BlueCove
Build and start writing your application on OS X.

I don't know about SMS but if you just need a Bluetooth connection to
your phone then BlueCove 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT will work fine on OS X.

Vlad

ShosMeister

Jan 5, 2008, 6:49:04 AM1/5/08
to bluecove-users
Thanks! Please excuse the ignorance here, but, I need just a bit of
direction. The IDE that I'm using is NetBeans. I'm guessing I should
have no problems getting this to work in that environment (once I
figure out where to put the library files) right? Also, if I don't
have the JSR-82, where can I get it (or should it already be there)?
As I said, please be patient, but, although I've been coding for 25+
years, I'm fairly new to Java and the environment setup.

I did manage to find the location for the nightly builds, but, am not
sure what I need to download and where to put it. I'm guessing it will
be a library file or files, but, didn't want to put the wrong ones in
there.

Yes you are correct for the bluetooth connection to the phone.
Currently, the SMS application on the Palm is pretty weak. The intent
is to write a good one on the Mac utilizing the built-in Bluetooth
connection to my phone (which is already paired) and the Address Book
(since SMS seems to have stopped working there). Once done, then I
need to find the Palm SDK for Mac and try to duplicate the effort
using the logic and methods that I've already made work.

Thanks again! Maybe if I get comfortable with this, I'll try to get on
the developers group and see if I can help out.

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Jan 5, 2008, 11:47:58 AM1/5/08
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
BlueCove will work as JSR-82 for you
get latest version supporting OSX from this location
http://www.pyx4me.com/maven2-snapshot/net/sf/bluecove/bluecove/2.0.2-SNAPSHOT/bluecove-2.0.2-20080105.060226-76.jar

Add it to class path of your application using is NetBeans.

--
Vlad

ShosMeister

Jan 9, 2008, 5:51:54 PM1/9/08
to bluecove-users
Thanks for the link Vlad. I managed to get it downloaded and I think
it is inserted properly in NetBeans. Are there any pre-built test
files that I could use to verify that I have everything setup properly
before I start on my own code? Don't want to try to troubleshoot my
code when it's something in the setup.

Thanks!!!!

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Jan 9, 2008, 6:04:13 PM1/9/08