BlueCove Licensing

Chris

Nov 14, 2010, 4:45:28 PM11/14/10
to bluecove-developers
I am currently in the progress of packaging bluecove and bluecove-gpl
for Debian. However I am a bit unsure of the licensing of the bluecove
module. The website and code headers suggest that all the code is
licensed under the Apache license, yet the LGPL is included in the
root directory? Can I just clarify what parts are licened under what
licences?

Thanks,

Chris

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Nov 14, 2010, 11:09:58 PM11/14/10
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
You probably took older version  there are no such file in root svn now.
Only Since version 2.1 BlueCove distributed under the Apache Software License, Version 2.0

Also there are "bluecove-gpl" BlueZ module is licensed under GNU General Public License.
https://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove-gpl/LICENSE.txt

This is additional module and licensed differently.

Vlad

Chris

Nov 30, 2010, 2:55:34 PM11/30/10
to bluecove-developers
Thanks for your help Vlad. However I have another question. What is
the origin of these files:
./src/main/java/com/sun/cdc/io/ConnectionBaseInterface.java (This file
also has no copyright info?)
./src/main/java/com/ibm/oti/connection/CreateConnection.java
./src/main/java/com/ibm/oti/vm/VM.java
These files are not included in the bluecove jar but are still needed
for compilation, as these files are not free, this affects the way the
bluecove packages enter Debian.

Thanks,

Chris

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Nov 30, 2010, 3:01:06 PM11/30/10
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
I created this files based on exposed functions in coresponding SUN and IBM libraries.

I have no idea how to properly handle them.
In microemulator for example we created xml file describing sun interfaces and are generating the java classes based on this XML using javassist.  Here I think this is overkill.

Suggestions are welcome.

Vlad

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Baines

Dec 1, 2010, 4:35:53 PM12/1/10
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
If you created them, why are the licences and copyrights different from
the rest of bluecove? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks,

Chris

signature.asc