Installing Bloog for my google sites.

agentc0re

Dec 21, 2008, 12:53:31 PM12/21/08
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
I really enjoy the look and feel of your blog app so i decided to
learn how i'd install it for my own use. I've downloaded it to the
apps engine successfully but I have an error when trying to access it.

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named firepython.middleware
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/base/data/home/apps/learnixbloog/1.330143724282211602/
main.py", line 36, in <module>
from firepython.middleware import FirePythonWSGI

Do i also have to have other apps installed for this one to work?

agentc0re

Dec 21, 2008, 3:12:03 PM12/21/08
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Looks like the firepython source is missing from utils/external/
firepython. The directory is just empty from latest GIT and the .tar.

Viktor

Dec 24, 2008, 5:57:51 PM12/24/08
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Download firepython from here - http://github.com/darwin/firepython/tree/master
and unzip to /utils/external/firepython/
Edit url in the /.gitmodules
url = git://github.com/darwin/firepython.git

It works for me
http://goltvyanitsa.appspot.com/

Mark Ryall

Dec 25, 2008, 10:17:10 PM12/25/08
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Since you'll want to make at least a few changes, try creating a fork
of the bloog repository instead.

* login to github and create a fork of http://github.com/DocSavage/bloog/tree/master
* clone your fork (git clone g...@github.com:markryall/bloog.git bloog-
markryall)

theoretically you should just be able to do this:

* fix incorrect submodule url (edit .gitmodules and replace woid with
darwin)
* initialise git submodules (git submodule init)
* get submodules (git submodule update)

... but that didn't work for me, so I just did this:
* cd utils/external
* git clone git://github.com/darwin/firepython.git

* edit app.yaml to specify your app name
* edit config.py to specify various details
* edit anything else
* add your changes (git add .gitmodules app.yaml config.py)
* commit your changes (git commit -m "reconfigured blog")
* push your changes back to your fork on github (git push)

* create your google app engine application to deploy to (I think
you'll still need to request an invitation for this)
* deploy your app (appcfg.py update .)

Hope that helps someone

Mark.

On Dec 25, 9:57 am, Viktor <vgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Download firepython from here -http://github.com/darwin/firepython/tree/master
> and unzip to /utils/external/firepython/
> Edit url in the /.gitmodules
> url =    git://github.com/darwin/firepython.git
>
> It works for mehttp://goltvyanitsa.appspot.com/

oren

Feb 5, 2009, 12:44:04 AM2/5/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
what is utils/external/firepython ?
do i need to create this folder?

sorry if it's a silly question, i am new to python/appengine.

Bill

Feb 5, 2009, 2:36:42 PM2/5/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Firepython is a utility that is distributed as a git repository. See
Mark's explanation above.

We should probably have this disabled by default. There's some big
changes that'll be committed some time in the future (Nick Johnson's
improvements which require you to run an schema upgrade script.) So
things are on hold for now until those changes get integrated.

-Bill

oren

Feb 7, 2009, 8:06:17 PM2/7/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine