Putting RSS display on Bloog: Another newbie question...

dartdog

Jan 18, 2009, 1:30:47 PM1/18/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Sorry!
I'm trying to figure out how to display a simple RSS feed from another
site (in place of the Amazon Ad's on the Bloog sample), one being a
Google reader shared items feed (which I now do on my Wordpress sites
http://tombrander.wordpress.com) and the other some book marks from
Delicious, but I can't seem to find a good start place. I've looked at
"template_utils" in the django library but don't see how I would bring
that into the GAE, and the URL fetch module for GAE looks like
overkill to get "public" RSS feed info.

The last pointer you so kindly provided got me moving in the right
direction but now modestly confused on a higher plain, I've go the
rest of the "draft about ready to go but am stalled at this one for
the time being. I'm getting a grasp on the schema but as this shows
there is still a bit out of reach for me! TIA

dartdog

Jan 19, 2009, 2:22:53 PM1/19/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Well I brute forced the thing and the basic Blog is now up, at
http://tombrander.appspot.com at least the RSS display.
see here for instructions:
http://tombrander.wordpress.com/2009/01/19/blooging-on-app-engine-part-2/

I'd still prefer to do it with Django component if someone can
enlighten me!